Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Croquembouche, anyone?

Anyone been to a wedding with croquembouche served instead of cake or cupcakes?  How did it go over? 

Re: Croquembouche, anyone?

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really really wanted a croquembouche (I think they're super tasty and visually stunning and I'm a Francophile), but my fiance hates cream puffs, so that was out.  It's the traditional French wedding cake, so there's at least one country in the world where it goes over really well.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they are beautfiful, but might work better for a more formal, black tie kind of wedding as opposed to a less formal wedding, but if you want to have one, go for it. They are delicious and would be a wow factor. 

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be pretty cool.  I've never been to a wedding with one, but I think it would be delicious.

The only thing I would be concerned with, is how you're going to cute it for pictures?  Do you want the traditional cake cutting shot? 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the croquembouche tradition is to use a sword to break the caramel coating and loosen up all the cream puffs.  That's got to be a stunning visual, great for pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.  I was about to say "I don't really care that much about the cake cutting picture" and then I read mica's response -- sword it is!  I know one man who is going to LOVE the idea! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Paris and was going to get one made by Laduree (http://www.laduree.fr/public_en/produits/ceremonies_accueil.htm) but the venue where I am having my reception already has dessert included in the meal, and was going to charge a cake-cutting fee if I brought in my own croquembouche...far too much extra money.  But I think that they are great...I debated getting one for my at home reception but figured a cake would just be easier :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmm. I love them! Tasty, hands on!
  • Options
    mtotorismtotoris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning to have a croquembouche as opposed to the traditional American wedding cake.  I do not like cake much but I do love cream puffs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    where does one get a croquembouche made in Houston? Any recs?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards