Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

food

is it ok to just serve hor's d' oeuvers when people may be driving 3 hours to come to your wedding???????

Re: food

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If your wedding is at a non-meal time, then it is ok to serve appetizers.  If your reception is during a meal time, then you need to serve a full dinner otherwise people will be expecting dinner and will go hungry.
  • Options
    DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP and try to mention it in your invites so people can plan accordingly.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) there's only one apostrophe in hors d'oeuvres
    2) if it's during a meal time, serve a meal, otherwise go ahead and serve hors d'oeuvres. Either way, make it clear on your invites what you're planning to serve so guests can plan accordingly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would serve a meal if it is during dinner time. Especially if they are driving so far.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Kristen! (I peeked at your bio).

I agree with the prior posters, appetizers are fine if it's a "non-meal" time, ie after lunch, before dinner, or after dinner, say 8 pm. Otherwise, it should be a full meal.

Come join us on the Detroit local board also, link on the upper left,  lots of nice ladies, and we have post-its at the top for venues, vendors, etc.

Congrats on your engagement BTW.
  • Options
    peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just let people know. i'd be annoyed if i drove 3 hours and only got light snacks and i was expecting a meal.  if i know ahead though i can plan and then that's just fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards