Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Catered by Moes?

My fiance and I were wanting to get our wedding catered by Moes, its southwest style food. Tacos, burritos, restaurant style tortilla chips and salsa, etc. I am not sure about this though because I feel that if people were eating with their hands would not keep our wedding as formal as I would like it to be. Plus, eating with hands tends to be messy, especially for children. Opinions?

Re: Catered by Moes?

• You're right, the food is casual. Is that what you really want?
  • Yum! Moes is my favorite! I would be thrilled to eat that at a wedding instead of some dried out chicken and par boiled potatoes. Previous posters are right that it will lend a more casual atmosphere to your event, but there is nothing wrong with that. It's not like it will be presented in paper/plastic with their insignia all over, right? I have been to a wedding where we made tacos going through the buffet and my only complaint was that there wasn't enough condiments. I like sour cream on my tacos. I definitely like the idea. Go for it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_catered-by-moes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:7e81d560-481e-4126-a57e-5900417e2b50Post:6ef3b3f7-f21c-4f58-9e38-c3d3d1e3ff5a">Catered by Moes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I were wanting to get our wedding catered by Moes, its southwest style food. Tacos, burritos, restaurant style tortilla chips and salsa, etc. <strong>I am not sure about this though because I feel that if people were eating with their hands would not keep our wedding as formal as I would like it to be.</strong> Plus, eating with hands tends to be messy, especially for children. Opinions?
    Posted by amberella.eves[/QUOTE]

Can I ask why you're looking at Moe's if you want a formal wedding? Is the issue price? OR do you just really want Mexican food?

If it's price, quite a few restruants will do catering. There's probably some inexspensive local chains, but I know for a fact boston market does and that would be more formal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_catered-by-moes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:7e81d560-481e-4126-a57e-5900417e2b50Post:6b5e0e1e-d55b-407c-9ba5-b7c5f65dd923">Re: Catered by Moes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Catered by Moes? : Can I ask why you're looking at Moe's if you want a formal wedding? Is the issue price? OR do you just really want Mexican food? If it's price, quite a few restruants will do catering. There's probably some inexspensive local chains, but I know for a fact boston market does and that would be more formal.
    Posted by thurmanpowell[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>My fiance LOVES that style of food, from literally anywhere. I could do without it and I want it to be as formal as possible. I just feel that eating with your hands is the bad part about it. If we were to be catered by them we would have chafing dishes and other items so that its not all aluminum throw away stuff, but I would just rather have some kind of actual sit down dinner food. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_catered-by-moes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:7e81d560-481e-4126-a57e-5900417e2b50Post:85463f62-92f6-49f0-a77c-3cad53edc865">Re: Catered by Moes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Catered by Moes? : My fiance LOVES that style of food, from literally anywhere. I could do without it and I want it to be as formal as possible. I just feel that eating with your hands is the bad part about it. If we were to be catered by them we would have chafing dishes and other items so that its not all aluminum throw away stuff, but I would just rather have some kind of actual sit down dinner food. 
    Posted by amberella.eves[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I might suggest to your FI that you either look at other Mexican restaurants - not the fast food kind - that could cater your wedding or that you have a Moe's catered rehearsal dinner and explore other options for the reception.  Your local board might have some ideas or recommendations on caterers that could help.

You could still have a Mexican influence - mini tacos, quesidillas  or empanadas among your appetizers and entree dishes that incorporates southwestern flavors (chiles, mole, chimchurri, etc.) but are a little more formal in presentation.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_catered-by-moes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:7e81d560-481e-4126-a57e-5900417e2b50Post:58759a5d-4623-4bef-b9dc-0f2f2db0ee6a">Re: Catered by Moes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Catered by Moes? : If that's the case, I might suggest to your FI that you either look at other Mexican restaurants - not the fast food kind - that could cater your wedding or that you have a Moe's catered rehearsal dinner and explore other options for the reception.  Your local board might have some ideas or recommendations on caterers that could help. You could still have a Mexican influence - mini tacos, quesidillas  or empanadas among your appetizers and entree dishes that incorporates southwestern flavors (chiles, mole, chimchurri, etc.) but are a little more formal in presentation.
    Posted by JaclyneD[/QUOTE]

<div>I would rather steer clear of mexican in general...drunk people and mexican does not mix in my opinion lol. I think we may have found a solution though! I just hope it comes through. Thanks for all the suggestions. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards