Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

menu or no menu?

my reception will be a seated served meal, so i was wondering, should i still provide menus even though guests will be selecting their meals prior to the event or because of this is there no need to have menus? ive been to a buffet reception where no menus were given and it was kind of weird not knowing what the choices were at the buffet, but i haven't been to a served meal reception in a while so i am not quite sure how this works
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: menu or no menu?

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'd skip it. Just one more thing to make/buy and one more thing to throw away.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the above. I personally think it's a waste of money.
  • edited December 2011
    If your having a plated meal that guests choose in advance then menus are not necessary.  It's just an added expense and another item to coordinate - I'd skip it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs, not necessary. 
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    skip it
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    For this type of meal, I'd skip it.  If you were having a buffet, I'd be one who'd really appreciate knowing what's available, so I'd like a menu. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you want you can do one per table framed. but as everyone has said you don't need to :)
    A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.
  • kbn22273kbn22273 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it both ways, so I don't think it's a need.  Personally I like them.  I think they're a nice "classy" touch.  I'm making my own and they're not expensive.  
  • edited December 2011
    How about splitting the difference and have a larger, printed menu artfully displayed somewhere. Or maybe a chalkboard-style one. It really depends on the type of meal and reception that you are having. If it is very formal, then menus might be a nice touch. If it's a little more laid-back, then one larger display menu could work well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards