Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Panera

Has anyone used Panera for their reception? We're (hopefully!) having a simple cake & drinks reception with finger foods. My FI wants breads & cheeses (or spreads, I can't remember) & I mentioned Panera which his BM swears by. Does anyone know if they're any good? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!
Leslie 3 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Panera

• Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I love Panera! Their ham & swiss is delicious (as well as their bread!) If they seem to be to expensive you could always try subway or pennstation?
  • edited December 2011
    In general I like Panera as a regular customer, though it's a little pricey for sandwiches.  I've had Panera before at catered meetings/luncheons, and the quality and presentation is very good.  Some of the options aren't as universally liked, so you have to be careful about having a good variety and having some 'normal' standbys as well.  Their bread is really yummy, so I think it's a good option for something like this.  Cosi (www.getcosi.com) is another place with similar food; I don't know if the prices are any better but you could check out their options as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We catered Panera for my sister's graduation party and it was awesome. You can do a huge selection of sandwiches. I think it came with salad and cookies. I would love to attend a wedding were it is catered by Panera.
  • edited December 2011
    Mmmm I love Panera. We don't have it in Arizona, but I wish we did! I think this could be a really nice option :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Panera is fantastic for breads, sandwiches, soups, pastries. 

If you want cheeses you'll need to supplement it because aside from the cheeses on their sandwiches they don't have much of a selection.  Try Whole Foods for that. 
  • BlueBoxBrideBlueBoxBride member
    100 Comments 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I love Panera and all, but I think you can either find more "special" offerings through a mom and pop cafe for the same price OR regular deli sandwiches for cheaper elsewhere. I'd shop around, get quotes and see if you can negotiate some thrown in sides or upgraded meats/cheese/condiments. CostCo does some pretty good platters as well. Whole Foods is expensive, but the presentation is VERY nice. All you have to do for their platters is unwrap!
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
  • pinkrn19pinkrn19 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Seriously? I love panera..for lunch. It is your wedding! A grand affair..I think you should consider some other options honestly.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We'll take everything into consideration.
    Leslie 3 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MekareMekare member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if you're still thinking about it, but I actually work at Panera. Our caterers work really hard and there is a TON of variety. You just have to ask! You can even get hot sandwiches or mac n cheese (which is the best ever!). Also soups, salads (really great too!) and all the breads and pastries are made fresh every day. I think it'd be fun and whimsical to have fancy sandwiches! They can definitley make things fancy too, cut up and set up nicely and everything. So, from a Panera employee, I think it's a safe bet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards