Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Help par down my menu!

All right - our current menu seems a bit unwieldy. We're having a brunch reception and the ceremony and reception are being held on a 3-masted schooner. We think we're going to have about 80-100 people and the food area is really pretty small. I'm concerned that we have too many different things! I'd love some suggestions about what to get rid of :-)

mini ham croissants
mini quiche
scambled eggs with cheese
mini fruit kabobs
grilled vegetable platter
cheese platter
roasted potatoes
honey gingered chicken kabobs
peach and mozerella bruschetta
mini mahi and lobster tacos
antipasta skewers
thai chicken satay
beef filet with red onion chutney on bread rounds

It just seems like a lot to me!

Re: Help par down my menu!

• edited December 2011
    Oh, and there's a puff pastry platter - they're filled with like chicken salad, tuna salad, etc.
  • edited December 2011

That is kind of a lot.
    I think I wouldn't offer both of the chickens, maybe just the kabob, and I would probably do the puff pastry over the ham croissant, but other than that I think it looks good. It gives your guests who have different dietary needs a nice variety.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_par-down-menu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:88eacf75-733b-4338-bc4f-5fcdf88e7d5aPost:1418cef6-c1c3-4caf-b02f-3891769b3f8a">Re: Help par down my menu!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is kind of a lot. I think I wouldn't offer both of the chickens, maybe just the kabob, and I would probably do the puff pastry over the ham croissant, but other than that I think it looks good. It gives your guests who have different dietary needs a nice variety.
    Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

Those are the two cuts I was thinking about, too. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great. I'd cut the scrambled egg dish if anything. It seems the most random. Everything else sort of fits into this "hors d'oeuvre" sort of theme and the scrambled eggs don't. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would get rid of the scrambled eggs and the cheese platter.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd cut the scrambled eggs too...it seems so 'brunchy' with the quiche and eggs til you see there are items like mahi and lobster, which kicks up the whole meal. And unless the beef is seriously delish, I think you'd be ok without that too! Everything else seems to be very 'in theme' with everything else :)
    "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ~Moulin Rouge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards