Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cakes - Help!!

So I am not a huge fan of cake in general...I mean if it's going to taste like Georgetown Cupcakes fine but otherwise I don't know if a traditional cake is the direction I want to head.  I really wanted to do something different for my wedding cake - any ideas?  Thanks girls!

Re: Cakes - Help!!

• Options
    They say pie is the new cupcake :)  What's your favorite dessert?  Go by that, and determine what will work best for the type of wedding you are having, and the best fit for your guests.  I wouldn't do a passion fruit panna cotta for my family - they will eat jello with cool whip instead.  But really, it can be anything you want.
  • Options

I have also seen brides on our local board do pies instead of cake. You can have a "sweet table" with various sweets like small servings of mousse, creme brulee, cookies, eclairs, etc. Or have a bunch of different tortes with pies, whatever you want to supply your guests will be fine. Most people expect some sort of "sweet" after dinner.

We had cake, but then about 2 hrs after the cake was served, we had an ice cream bar with 3 types of ice cream, plus raspberry sorbet, I think 3 different sauces (chocolate, caramel, fresh strawberries), plus various toppings like broken Oreo cookies, cherries, nuts, whipped cream, broken Heath Bars, sprinkles. This was a huge hit and could have been done instead of the cake, but we like cake too. It was provided by our caterer and they had a server for the ice cream and the guests just put their own toppings on it.

Check on your local board they may have some additional ideas that are available in your area.

• Options
    Cheesecake, pies, tartes, ice cream bar, cookie/brownie bar....any dessert that you like can really be used in place of traditional cake. I have seen many people do different dessert variations and the guests have always seemed to enjoy it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards