Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Buffet options

We are having a burrito/fajita/tamale bar as our buffet where guests can choose their dishes and make their own tacos/burritos. We will have carnitas, fajita chicken, tamales, rice, beans, etc. as well as toppings like cheese, etc. We are having jalapeño poppers, shrimp cocktail, and a chips and salsa bar as appetizers during cocktail hour. Any other suggestions on foods for the buffet? We want it to be fun and have a lot of choices!

Re: Buffet options

• An invitation for me! I wanted to do something like this but FI was not on board. 

I'd add a few more veggie options, maybe something like a salad, in case guests want something lighter to eat. Could you add fruit too? Stuff like pineapples and mangos would go really well with the taco/burritos. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ohhhhhh I love the fruit idea! I didn't even think of that! We will have veggies, like lettuce, tomato, etc. and people (myself included) can make a taco salad of sorts. Thanks for the suggestions! And come on out to California!!! You're always welcome :-)
  • Can you have some grilled veggies for people to use in their creations?  
  • Sounds like a lot of fun! You seem to have a good variety the only thing I would strongly recommend is a vegetable filling grilled or sauteed peppers, onions and something that could be a meat substitute possibly eggplant or mushrooms (Portabello mushroom fajitas are fabulous). If you want there is a traditional taco that is made with fried (or grilled) fish and topped with cabbage in a soft corn tortilla that is very good. A few possible side items Fresh fruit, cornbread/muffins, corn as a side (grilled corn on the cob or a sauteed corn dish). Then you'd have everything covered I think.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards