Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

candy bar suggestions?

I don't want to have a boring wedding, and this idea popped into my head: an open candy bar...... My fiance and I are HUGE candy-people, and we are having a ton of kids at the reception. Any suggestions on candy/other foods? we were gonna go with a chocolate fountain 1) I am a huge chocoholic and 2) hellooo, chocolate!! any ideas on stuff to dip in it?

Re: candy bar suggestions?

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chocolate fountains combined with open candy bar tends to be sugar overload and one of the two is not used effectively by the guests.  Could you add chocolate to your candy bar and save the expense of the chocolate fountain?    My personal preference is to avoid the chocolate fountain...I worry about germs with a chocolate fountain.  Candy bars with individually wrapped candy are more sanitary.   Also large jars of brightly colored (and chocolate) are really pretty too. 
  • Options
    sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would personally go with a candy bar. Chocolate fountains can be messy.

check out candywarehouse.com for bulk candies and bulk pricing
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do one or the other.

If you choose the fountian you can use strawberries, bananas, pineapple, kiwi, rice crispy treats, cookies, Ritz crackers, brownies, cake balls, marshmallows, apple, and cheese cubes.

If you are doing a candy bar buy in bulk to save money.
  • Options
    brides-motherbrides-mother member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh pshawww.  At DD's wedding we had a chocolate fountain, a caramel fountain, centerpiece cakes and a huge candy buffet.  Everyone had a ball.  And it all got eaten.
  • Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do both! Go big or go home! :) Its your wedding do whatever suits you.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    dinosarahdinosarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually rent out candy bar glassware and can do a package, complete with candy and/or cupcakes. I have a listing on Craigslist.org right now and various other wedding sites including this one. Here's a link for more info (I'm in Tempe and can travel anywhere in the metro area).

-Sarah

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Sugar cookie -
    Vendors are not allowed to post and that was in the terms of service you agreed to.  Reported.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards