Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Evening snacks?

I'm probably over complicating things. 

My reception starts at 5:30 with cocktail hour, during which time appetizers are going to be served. Dinner is going to be at 7, and cake cutting should be at 8. 

My reception is scheduled to go until 11:30, should I offer some sort of food option for guests to nibble on after the cake? Between appetizers, salad, dinner, and cake, guests will have a four course meal, that should fill people up. But at the same time, 3 1/2 hours can be a long time without something to nibble on. Thoughts?

The truth behind a well laced dress

Re: Evening snacks?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you'd need to provide anything extra.  What you have planned sounds like more than enough.
    panther
  • Options
    lmg1115lmg1115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not necessary, but it is fun!

Our cocktail hour goes from 6:30-7:30, dinner at 7:30, then cake about 8:30. I was able to negotiate my reception site into including 400 pieces of late night snacks at about 11:00 (our reception goes until 12:30). We're doing mini pizzas, sliders, and a nacho bar.

Our wedding is in downtown Chicago and among our friends, the late night snack at weddings has become the "hot" thing to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe serve the cake a little later than you are plannning on doing it.
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto lmg that it's not necessary, but definitely fun!  I wouldn't go out of your way to serve one, but if you have the budget for it, it would be nice to serve something for a late-night snack!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a long time to go without a snack. I would suggest the cake be served later, if you don't want to add more food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try to serve one at 11 pm.

However, I don't think guests would expect this..it would just be a nice treat!

Your reception is long!  How fun!  Mine is only 4.5 hours and I was wondering about a late-night snack, but everyone said no.  I think it makes sense in your case though, but again, not necessary. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! We are doing tiny cheeseburgers, a paper cone of fries and milkshake shooters.  Our food is also several courses and much higher end during the reception, but after dancing it up and a few drinks, everyone loves a little something yummy and burger and fries will hit the spot.  We are setting them un in little to go boxes!  We came up with the idea after having left yet another event and heading for a diner on our way home starving and wanting something comforting and a little greasy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards