Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Wedding cake!

Ok guys so here is the design I picked out for the wedding cake, its ecaxtly me and I love it!! only differences is that it will be 3 tiers none of the little flowers arond the bottoms and my colors are black pink and teal, so the bottom tier will be as pictured the middle tier will be teal where the pink is and the top black where the pink is. And the top peice will not be on it.

ALSO- I was wanting to do a grooms cake, he loves fishing so something about fishing, if anyone has any good ideas I would love to hear them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding cake!

• edited December 2011
    Funky! What flavours are you think of having?
  • JustKateJustKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Such a bold design.  You go girl. 
    For the grooms cake, I would do something like a fish in a net to imply that he's been caught..lol..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Justkate that is such a cute idea!!!! Your cake is soo cute!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the fish idea thats really cute! and not sure what flavors were doing yet, My FI likes white cake with raspberry filling so maybe that on the bottom teir and probably a chocolate on the second. but not sure what to do for the top. and I was thinking that I might want each tier seperate like a cascade sort of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not trying to be a hater, and while I think the cake is super cute (I love Zebra stuff) I just have an issue with "funky" wedding cakes.  I don't know why, but I just prefer a more traditional looking cake.  But anyway, I'm sure your cake will turn out great, and people will love it.
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_wedding-cake-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:b1f92943-fd55-40b1-b074-ca202a24a72bPost:fcc6d6c0-ff7f-4802-9476-ab86405d3176">Re: Wedding cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the grooms cake, I would do something like a fish in a net to imply that he's been caught..lol..
    Posted by JustKate[/QUOTE]

DITTO!

That cake is so amazing and bold...flavors?
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's pretty awesome!  I love when people dare to step away from white cakes for their wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the cake you picked, super cute. i was actually looking through a cake shops pictures and one they made was a catfish, it was really cute and everyone that saw it liked it as well, but my guy isnt much of a fisher. but i like the fish in the net idea too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards