Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Other dessert options besides wedding cake?

Does anyone know of any other dessert options besides wedding cake?  I'm not a fan of a lot of baked goods like pie or cupcakes either.  Should I just get over it and eat just the one bite of cake when we cut it?  Or should I pick something I'll actually like?  Any suggestions?

Re: Other dessert options besides wedding cake?

• Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to have one if you don't want one.  My cousin didn't want one, but they did have a small one for cutting pictures, and in case some people wanted it (and they did).  But she also had a build-your-own ice cream sundae bar that was a huge hit.  She also served whoopie pies and cookies alongside.
  • Options
    mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do cupcakes, pies, cheesecake, cookies, brownies. You don't have to have wedding cake.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about something you really like! cheesecake, eclair, cannoli? something cute and unique that you can serve and share! We are doing cannoli for dessert and our cake later on! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AbbyjensenAbbyjensen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have a dessert bar- small cake, ice cream, chocolate mousse, fresh fruit with whipped cream, cheesecake, cookies...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read the title of your post and immediately I thought CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN. Yum. That is all. 
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last three weddings that we attended do not have cake.  One had an ice cream bombe (Bride is allergic to gluten) Another had pies because the bride & groom do not like cake.  The third had a giant chocolate chip cookie for the "cutting" and individual chocolate chip cookies for the guests.   All three were great desserts. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could do a chocolate fountain or a candy bar is pretty popular because the bags of candy can be taken home as favors!

http://www.bellacroft.com/p-17494-weddingstar-old-time-candy-cellophane-bag-insert.aspx
  • Options
    iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Muffins? ice cream?

• Options
    ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fondue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    fruit tarts, cookies, cobbler, cinnamon rolls, fudge, coffee cakes, ice cream, root beer/orange soda floats, ice cream sandwiches, truffles... pretty much anything sweet can stand in for cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards