Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Is this enough?

Quick info: Catholic ceremony at noon, drinks and appetizers til 2:15, lunch at 2:30/3.

Appetizers:
Fruit and cheese display
stuffed mushrooms
chicken fritters

Lunch:
Carving stations: one beef, one ham with sweet potato biscuits
Grilled veggies
Mac and cheese bites

Another note: wedding is 12/22/2012.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this enough?

• I think you need to add another Lunch option that is veggie friendly.  Maybe a pasta of some sort.  Also you could use another starch and a salad.

When does your ceremony end?  Since the ceremony takes place right at the "normal" lunch hour and if it lasts for an hour or more you are going to have some really hungry guests when they get to your reception so I would add at least 2 more apps.

• In Response to Re:Is this enough?:[QUOTE]I think you need to add another Lunch option that is veggie friendly.nbsp; Maybe a pasta of some sort.nbsp; Also you could use another starch and a salad.When does your ceremony end?nbsp; Since the ceremony takes place right at the "normal" lunch hour and if it lasts for an hour or more you are going to have some really hungry guests when they get to your reception so I would add at least 2 more apps. Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

The ceremony is an hour. I was considering a few more appetizers and there are no vegetarians on our guest list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_is-this-enough?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:c41502c0-dee7-4539-8088-0bb9c8fbc136Post:6dd883db-5f49-4c2f-93a2-69d9e9d4e945">Re:Is this enough?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Is this enough?: The ceremony is an hour. I was considering a few more appetizers and there are <strong>no vegetarians on our guest list.
    </strong>Posted by casswhiting[/QUOTE]

But that doesn't mean that everyone likes beef and ham.  You need to have variety to cover all your guests taste buds when it comes to food.

• I don't think another option is necessary for the meal, but if you wanted to add something, what about something seasonal, like butternut squash risotto or soup?  Our caterer made butternut squash risotto cakes that were excellent.  I think a salad would also be a nice addition.

For the appetizers, could you add bruschetta or pita chips and spinach-artichoke dip?  I think another display one would be nice, in case people are very hungry given the time (although I think most will have a late breakfast or brunch, knowing that the wedding is going to begin at noon--that would be my logic, at least).

• I think you need something else for lunch....I agree w/ PP....some kind of pasta would probably work best.  Maybe you could also have roasted potatoes to complement the meat and veggies.
  • Since you asked.

No, I don't think it's enough.    I think you should had another app.  Spinach-artichoke, hummus and pita or one more passed app.

I also think a veggie friendlier entree is needed.  We also didn't have any true vegetarian guests.  But we had a bunch of guests who do not eat red meats or pork.  They only eat fish or chicken.  Your menu really would not work for those kind of guests.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_is-this-enough?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:c41502c0-dee7-4539-8088-0bb9c8fbc136Post:9c077a30-2160-427c-8338-590882fbbed2">Re: Is this enough?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since you asked. No, I don't think it's enough.    I think you should had another app.  Spinach-artichoke, hummus and pita or one more passed app. I also think a veggie friendlier entree is needed.  We also didn't have any true vegetarian guests.  But we had a bunch of guests who do not eat red meats or pork.  They only eat fish or chicken.  Your menu really would not work for those kind of guests.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]
    Yep, agreed. OP, you'd be surprised at how many non-vegetarians eat the veg option.
  • I agree too that a vegetarian option is necessary. I am not a vegetarian but I will not eat red meat or pork.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd switch the mac and cheese bites into actual macaroni and cheese for one, and then add a hearty side like mashed potatoes.  I don't think either of these changes would break the budget, but all of a sudden you've got a much more well-rounded meal and two options for vegetarians or people who don't want beef/pork. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards