Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake Alternatives??

My fiance & I want do something different instead of a traditional wedding cake.  We are having our wedding recption at Paula Deen's restuarant (The Lady & Sons) dessert is included which is her Buttery Gooey Cake...YUMMY!  They can't do anything to incorporate our cake cutting.  I know cupcakes are an option however I was curious what others are doing or have seen?  We are dessert people :)

Christine

Re: Cake Alternatives??

• Options
    LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How are you unable to cut a cake? Any dessert under the sun you can feed each other and all you need is a fork or spoon to do so. It doesn't have to be a formal ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is the tradition important to you? I love the idea of a cake spooning - the gooey part makes it sound like spoon food!
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that there is a baker in Texas that makes these things called cruffles... they are cake balls dipped into truffle chocolate. She makes a lot of different flavors.

We are going to have some at our wedding. Maybe there is a baker near you that can do them as well? If not, cake balls are still delicious.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen people do cupcakes, I've seen cheesecakes, and I've seen Rice Crispy Treat cakes.  There are also people who do a dessert buffet.  In Pittsburgh, we always do a cookie table where all the friends and family of the bride and groom each make a couple of dozen cookies and then lay them out on a table for people to eat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    careconleycareconley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a sundae bar, that way every one can pick their own ice cream, toppings, what ever. I don't really like cake that much and I think it will be awesome.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CakePopLadyCakePopLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about using Cake Pops? They are decadent little cakes on a stick.  They can be color coordinated and even monogramed.  Check out http://www.cakepopco.com

I actually own this company, so feel free to call me for any questions that you might have about the Cake Pops or for our event/wedding pricing.  Our number is 417-849-3009.  We ship nation wide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're considering using www.nothingbundtcakes.com instead of the traditional wedding cake. At the bridal extravaganza, they were the best tasting even with all of the local bakers who were in attendance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards