Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Hors d'oeuvres options?

With the package that we have selected at our venue, we get to choose three hors d'oeuvres to be passed during cocktail hour. Our dinner will be a salad course followed by a duel entree chicken and beef tenderloin plate with the standard starch and veggie sides. (Evening reception, full seated dinner.)

My question is this: For the apps, should we have 1 chicken, 1 beef and 1 veggie? Or 1 chicken, 1 seafood, 1 veggie? Or beef, seafood and veggie? I'm just curious if it would be overkill to have beef and chicken during the cocktail hour and then again at dinner. But, on the flipside, I wouldn't want to have 2 seafood choices and only 1 other option for people who aren't fond of seafood. I may be overthinking this, but we have out consultation in about a week and I want to make some menu selections for the tasting and want to have an idea of what would be ideal to serve.

TIA ladies!

Re: Hors d'oeuvres options?

• Options
    peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 1 chicken, 1 seafood, and 1 veggie would work.  I think you can easily skip the beef on the apps - it's just seems more heavy to me.  Definately have at least one veggie app.  If you do a seafood app you could do something more crowd pleasing like shrimp. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it matters what the proteins are.  Just make sure everything is tasty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards