Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

XP -- Help with Rehearsal Dinner Entrees, Please

My FIL's have graciously offered to cover the costs of our rehearsal dinner and told us to select the menu.  We can choose from the restaurant's menu, and they will print custom menus for our group.

Children under 10 will order off the standard children's menu.  We are inviting five in the 10-20 age range, the rest of the guests are over 21, most in the 35+ range.  To my knowledge there are no vegans (guest list or SO's) and I don't think there are any vegetarians.

I was thinking of doing 2 beef options, 2 chicken options, 2 seafood options, a dinner salad and a vegetarian pasta.

So far I have:

- Steak with choice of two sides
- Pot Roast with smashed potatoes and choice of side
- Bruschetta Chicken (balsamic glaze, mozarella, tomato bruschetta and basil) with grilled tomatoes or broccoli and choice of side
- Chicken Fingers with choice of dipping sauce and two sides
- Grilled Tilapia with rice pilaf and choice of side
- California Chicken Salad (romaine and spring mix with shredded carrots, bleu cheese crumbles, candied pecans, strawberries, mandarin oranges and dried cranberries; topped with grilled chicken).  The chicken could be left off to make this vegetarian, and without the cheese and chicken, it could even be a vegan option.
- Tuscan Pasta (linguini with a Parmesan/garlic butter/roasted tomato sauce, topped with tomato-basil bruschetta).

For the second seafood entree, we could do a battered fish and popcorn shrimp plate, or shrimp scampi pasta.  I'm not a big seafood person, so I don't know which would be a better selection.  I think the fried option would be more popular with the younger ones, but we already have the fried chicken fingers ... but maybe the adults would prefer that option as well.  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Preferences?

Also, is this enough options?  Too many? 
FWIW, we will have an assortment of appetizers and basic drinks (tea, water, lemonade) for people to munch and mingle as they arrive. 

Thanks for your input!

Re: XP -- Help with Rehearsal Dinner Entrees, Please

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards