Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Walmart Party Platters?

Has anyone tried Walmart Party Platters? Are they tasty?

Anniversary

Re: Walmart Party Platters?

• SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what kind of platters you mean but Walmart isn't exactly known for high quality stuff. You might be better of going with a different grocer. I've been to a few showers that had their cheese/meat trays and it reminded me of a lunchable. You could make your own platter pretty easily that would probably be much better. I've also had the wrap platter which was equally as gross. They also seem a bit overpriced, the meat tray if I remember correctly was like $25 bucks. You could buy a nice block of cheese and some wonderful salami for half that. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh, thanks. As you can see, I'm struggling to find the best alternative to catering.
    Anniversary
  • SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some italian restaurants do really nice party platters for a good price. I would check them out.
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs. Not sure what grocery stores are near you, but in my area Shop Rite in particular does a really nice job with their stuff.

Shop around and I'm sure you'll do *almost* as good as Walmart in price and get WAY better food.
  • edited December 2011
    Costco is known for doing decent catering options. Cakes, platters, shrimp cocktail, etc.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards