Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

How many cupcakes?

I am wanting to have cupcakes as opposed to a multi-tiered wedding cake.  I intend on having 50 guests.  How many cupcakes should I ask to be made? I know that probably sounds like a silly question, but for some reason I am thinking too deeply into it! Recommendations?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many cupcakes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you serving people the cupcakes or having people help themselves? How many flavours are you having? The answers to those would change my opinion!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would prefer to have people help themselves! I want a variety of flavors, but have not decided which ones or how many of each.  I think I'll get in touch with the bakery & tell them I have a vague idea of what I want.  Perhaps when I go in for cake tasting, I could discuss with them the quantity, and better select the flavors!
  • Options
    ABehrens1ABehrens1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having cupcakes, and my baker told me to have enough for each guest, plus about a dozen extra. We're probably going to have 200-220, so we have 5 different flavors, but for 50 people, 2-3 flavors would probably be good. Bakeries should be able to help you out a lot. Have fun tasting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information! That is definitely a start!
  • Options
    shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are having 50 guests i would do 100, also are any of your guests kids if there a re more then a a few kids i might do 125. I would also stick to no more then 2 flavors because not everyone likes all flavors then you will get left with 50 vanilla while the red velvet are just crumbs.
    FYI Bed Bath & Beyond has really cute cupcake towers i think the one i got holds 30
  • Options
    CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you doing mini cupcakes or regular sized cupcakes? I haven't thought about it because I am planning on a cake, but as a guest, I would really like being able to have 2 or 3 different flavors in mini cupcakes. I would definitely only have one full sized cupcake though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards