Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Wedding Cake and Dessert Bar Question

I am planning on having a dessert bar in addition to my wedding cake. I plan on having a smaller wedding cake, cupcakes, a few pies, a mocha cake, and probably a few miniature desserts all on the same table. After I cut the cake with the groom, how does the serving of all of this work? I'm assuming that not everyone will want the wedding cake since there will be other desserts to choose from? I am having my wedding outdoors at a private residence and don't have a coordinator just yet.

Re: Wedding Cake and Dessert Bar Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have it set up with dessert plates and forks and invite people to serve themselves....
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_wedding-cake-dessert-bar-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:e058ab5e-6c4d-4dd4-b242-e5cca0ad6f20Post:8d2bcd4e-844b-4318-81aa-6236b8968109">Re: Wedding Cake and Dessert Bar Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have it set up with dessert plates and forks and invite people to serve themselves....
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]

Yes.

After the cake cutting have the coordinator (if you get one) put out the desserts. Make sure you tell them you need a table for this. If not, plan to find a table.
  • Options
    PastryChef10PastryChef10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello-

Usually if you have a dessert with your dinner (not including your wedding cake). The wedding cake will be cut and served on your late night dessert table along with any other food you are serving.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_wedding-cake-dessert-bar-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:e058ab5e-6c4d-4dd4-b242-e5cca0ad6f20Post:19981677-cc4f-4d69-a6e9-c4fce5f90153">Re: Wedding Cake and Dessert Bar Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello- Usually if you have a dessert with your dinner (not including your wedding cake). The wedding cake will be cut and served on your late night dessert table along with any other food you are serving.
    Posted by PastryChef10[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. If you have a lot of cake left over you can send people home with some cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards