Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

cake vs cupcakes

Just curious what peoples opinions would be if you were to see cupcakes at a wedding vs a 3 tiered cake. My fiance and I are looking at doing something similar to...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: cake vs cupcakes

• Options
    eandringaeandringa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    orange and pink are our colors btw
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is beautiful.  I think it's being more common.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think people really care, as long as it tastes good!

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, go for it! We get more questions on this board about cupcakes than regular cakes, it seems!
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    edited December 2011
    I think alot of people still see cupcakes as "kid food" but shows like Cupcake Wars and DC Cupcakes are changing that.  Great, now I want cupcakes.  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing both! :)

Big guest list - our cake is being donated by one of FI clients, but it only feeds 200 people, so we're having between 150 and 200 cupcakes made to match to make up for the rest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super cute! that is the happiest looking cupcake table ever!
  • Options
    MommyMarta08MommyMarta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I like cake more because I'm an icing fiend and cake usually has more icing, but this is very popular now and I definitely think it looks cute. Go for it!
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    edited December 2011
    MommyMarta, you just aren't getting the right cupcakes.  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of cupcakes if they can make it look like a cake. But traditionally the top tier of the cake is usually eaten at your 1st yr anniversary. If you have cupcakes what will you cut? Do you both take bites out of a cupcake & or do you cut the top cake?

Is cupcakes really more cost effective? I would recommend more flavors if your having cupcakes.
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
  • Options
    amyl2585amyl2585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing cupcakes and  I am super excited about them. To me they are more fun. Our plan is to have a small round cake on the top tier to cut. I am not worried about saving it for our first year anniversary, we will be moving after we have been married for like 6 months (it prob wouldn't survive a move anyways) 
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always vote for a traditional wedding cake, but if that's what you want then go for it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

cupcakes are a good idea and are becoming more and more popular.  Where are those cupcakes from...do you have the website?

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are doing cupcakes. We will have three kinds: chocolate with chocolate ganache filling, red velvet with cream cheese filling and then plain white/yellow cake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing cupcakes at my reception. I just like the idea that you don't have to wait for the cake to be cut, you can walk up and get the flavor you want without having to wait.  I just like cupcake are alot more moist then wedding cakes (in my opinion)
  • Options
    TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE cupcakes, we're definitely going to be doing that for our reception!  Some one asked about cost, and actually at a few of the places we're looking at, we won't be charged a cake cutting fee for cupcakes, so that saves money and makes it cheaper than a regular cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did cupcakes at our wedding on Saturday.  Everyone that had one loved them!  We had a 7" round cake for us to cut.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MommyMarta08MommyMarta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im from NYC; we are a cupcake city. I love cupcakes but the cake to icing ratio puts me in favor of cake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards