Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

rustic country wedding menu

we're planning a rustic country wedding in sept. but we're unsure about our dinner menu. when i think of country food its all the fixings for a bbq (pulled pork, chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, fruit) but  i want it to be a suprising palatte, something they won't see coming... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: rustic country wedding menu

• Options
    We are doing a similar theme... with standard BBQ! We are using a joint that has been in DFW for over 50 years, and it's a crowd pleaser.
  • Options
    I'd go with a gourmet BBQ.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Maybe an international influence? Korean bbq, spicy bbq, etc. Cornbread with bacon and jalapenos. Shrimp wrapped in bacon?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We are going "gourmet bbq" route. The main courses were from an awesome bbq place and we hired a different more upscale caterer to do the sides and cocktail hour. Some vendors don't allow this so you would have to check around.

Main Course - Smoked Chicken
                         Baby Back Ribs
                         Fried Catfish

Sides - Gruyere and Pancetta Mac n Cheese
               Potato Salad (sweet potatoes, red potatoes and purple potatoes)
               Maple Cole Slaw
               Cucumber Salad with Feta, Kalamata, and Cherry Tomatoes
               Sweet Potato Biscuits with Honey Butter

Cocktail Hour - Shrimp Tempura w/ dipping sauce
                          Southern Tea Cakes with Goat Cheese and FROG Jam

BBQ doesn't always have to be pork, baked beans and hushpuppies. Good luck!

FOR SALE - www.sd31942.weebly.com
  • Options
    I love tomato and cucumber salad - you may want to omit the onions if you're having a lot of guests.

We also make a veggie salad that's heat friendly, it uses a vinagerette - has all sorts of beans, celery, etc - delicious.  I'm sure there are many variations of this online.

Also, I love drunk chicken - cooked on a grill, sitting on a beer can - always moist and delicious!
  • Options
    RNMOMTO3RNMOMTO3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    @stephieDee- I love your upscale sides with the BBQ! Brilliant!!! And I had to Google frog jam. Its sounds awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards