Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Mexican food...!

My fiancé is from Mexico, so we were thinking of serving potato tacos with crema, Tapatio, cheese, lettuce, etc. Pretty informal. And margaritas as the "signature" drink. What would you add to this? What about desert?
I just want to hear other peoples thoughts!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mexican food...!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you serving cake or looking for a cake alternative?  Maybe some kind of traditional Mexican dessert?  If there's cake, I'd say that's all the dessert you need.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    BeazillaBeazilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good. If you're having a wedding cake, that's all the dessert you need.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did Mexican food for our reception and had beef tacos, chicken fajitas, rice and beans. There were all the usual taco toppings - various hot sauces, lettuce, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, onions, etc. And there were both hard and soft shells.

We also had chips and salsa and popcorn (random but everyone loved it) for people to snack on.

Our beans were refried, but my dad was a bit disappointed because in his circle it's apparently more common to have them be just the boiled beans (like before they're refried). Everyone loved the food and they're still talking about it.

We only served wedding cake as dessert, but there were 3 different flavors.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards