Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Re: vegeterian dish

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that I'd say it's the best out there...but our venue offers ravioli in an oil-based sauce with vegetables
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have enjoyed eggplant rollitini, portobello stacks, and vegetable risotto at weddings the most. The fallback veggie dish is almost always pasta primavera- please don't do that. most vegetarians are sick of getting that at every wedding. that and vegetable lasagna are really overdone.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we didn't bother with a vegetarian alternative because there are two types of pastas in our menu.  
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love a good stir fry
  • Options
    scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The vegetarian options that our venue offers are the following:

Caribbean jerk seared tofu
    Stuffed tomatoes with seasoned rice and topped with mozzarella cheese
    Marinated and grilled Portobello mushroom served over linguine

We're offering the 3rd one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_vegeterian-dish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:eddb8492-53f4-4928-bcac-003e6ac36b37Post:2701513b-dabe-4f51-ac49-e3d6796c03be">Re: vegeterian dish</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have enjoyed eggplant rollitini, portobello stacks, and vegetable risotto at weddings the most. The fallback veggie dish is almost always pasta primavera- please don't do that. most vegetarians are sick of getting that at every wedding. that and vegetable lasagna are really overdone.
    Posted by jeanna85[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I'm not a pasta primavera fan. But other kinds of pasta, if done well, can be okay. Eggplant or portobellos are often used in veggie dishes and should appeal to a lot of people. You'll get people who don't like eggplant or mushrooms, but... you can only do so much.

Also, what kind of food are you serving? If it's italian, go with a risotto or pasta. If it's asian, do a stirfry or something with tofu. If it's mexican, bean and cheese enchiladas.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are offering a gourmet mac and cheese with trufle oil. its so yummy , it will be served with aspargus bundles. this also will be our kids option. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards