Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

IDEAS ON RECEPTION FOOD

I just wanted some feedback on what everyone thought of my reception food ideas.. I am on a budget and we are doing the food ourselves and thought of a perfect way to enjoy the day of my wedding without having to slave in a kitchen all day.. I was thinking of ordering meat trays, cheese trays, veggie trays, cubed cheese/meat trays, condiment trays, make salad, potato salad, have rolls and make meatballs in a crockpot.. That way there will be an array of things people can choose from and seeing as i live in a small town and only have a handful of resteraunts to choose from thought this was a good idea.. i am not a formal person and neither are my friends/family, we are all laid back so the plated meal was out of the question...any feedback?

Re: IDEAS ON RECEPTION FOOD

• Options
    phebebphebeb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds great!  I'm on a budget too and we are doing DIY as well but it is a plated meal - we are gettng caterers to help us with some of it so it cuts down the bill.
    But you can do anything these days - your food sounds great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think one of the challenges that comes with not hiring a caterer is the logistics of setting the food out, refilling empty trays, clearing away garbage and dirty plates, cleaning up spills and messes. If you can hire someone (even some students!) to do that, you're probably good to go. I will say the food sounds a lot like lunchtime food rather than dinner, but I think that's just the amount of cold dishes. So, I'd include a few more hot dishes (lasagne/ravoili bake) and make sure that you have some kind of vegetarian main dish as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies.. actually today we found a better venue(because of your feedback)  that is gonna do a buffet style meal for us.. it will be salad, rolls, butter, dessert, coffee/tea, and whatever entrees we choose for $12.95 per person..  and they are gonna clear all plates and refill everything, and because i decided to have the ceremony there as well the rental charge was very cheap so it actually all worked out budget wise. and as an  added bonus they provide the linens, napkins, and all dishware, cut the cake and clean up for no additional cost.. and they also have a seperate bride/groom rooms with private bathrooms for us as well.. this place took soo much stress and relief off of my shoulders today.. thanks for your input thought it was much appreciated and needed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards