July 2012 Weddings
Options

Lost my mind...and my patience...return if found

So....this may seem whiny and grumpy (and partly it is just that) so I apologize and hope you don't mind my shameless bid for a pick-me-up. I seriously have felt like I am on my last nerve lately and it's starting to bum me out.

It's felt like all that's been happening yesterday is moving from one stressor to another. First FI and I were getting twitchy about not being able to close on our house in time, now we have done that and it's like the stress has just shifted, not gone away or even lessened really. For the past two weekends FI and I have been busting tail to clean the house and make it ready for his stuff and I feel like the focus has been substantially more on what isn't done than the hours of work that have been put in. I'm sure part of that angst comes from FI's upcoming gallbladder surgery (which I'm nervous about too of course) but I've just been feeling stressy, grumpy, and unappreciated and can't decide if it's better to just focus on something calming and putting these feelings aside or if I should mention it somehow. I want to be understanding of what FI is feeling but I also don't want to keep feeling this way either. *endrant* lol

What are your go-tos when you're in moods/slumps like this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lost my mind...and my patience...return if found

• Options
    Beer

Lol. Get away. Maybe go for a mini vacation weekend somewhere. Or, get a massage. Those are always so relaxing. I like to cook too so, when I'm stressed I'll get a new recipe and give it a go.

You might try talking to him and let him know what's stressing you, that you're not feeling appreciated and see what he's feeling. Maybe he's feeling scared, stressed and unappreciated as well. You might try doing something nice for him and see if that makes a difference. I know that sounds weird but sometimes to be appreciated you have to appreciate the other person first.
  • Options
    Honestly, wine and chick flicks. My favorite is How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. Or, cleaning the house. Those are things that help me destress.

But for serious, it just sounds like you guys have a lot going on and it's understandable you're feeling like you are. Try to take a day/evening and just relax. Don't work on the house, don't talk about the wedding, don't do anything. That's my advice. Whenever I'm grumpy, it never solves things for me to talk to my fiance about what's stressing me out, particularly if I'm grumpy and stressed out partially because of him. I usually just need to put myself in time out for a little bit and then I am better.

Sorry that's not very helpful but I did want to reply!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Running. Listening to my guilty pleasure songs as loud as the stereo will go and singing even louder. Going to church. Shopping. <--- That one is probably a bit unhealthy. 

Gallbladder surgery has an easier recovery than you would think! And he should feel a lot better afterwards if he's having pain right now. Good luck :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you're feeling crummy! I agree with the PP's suggestion to clean. I like to turn on terribly awesome pop music and sing it out while I clean. It makes me laugh to hear how bad I am. Or if you have other kind of mindless chores, just put on some music and it makes it seem so much more fun. I did this when I was stressing out over having to make my 120th invitation and I was so over it. Once you start knocking things off of your to-do list, you should start feeling a lot better.

::hugs::
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I usually workout or drink a glass of wine.
  • Options
    I would say work out or have a glass of wine.  Sometimes if I'm really stressed I'll jump in my car and drive around for a half hour with the music blaring and it usually destresses me.  I know what you mean about shifting of stress with the purchase of the house.  FI and I have been feeling really pressured lately, tonight we are taking the night off from unpacking/cleaning/painting, etc and going to the movies.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Running, cleaning, baking cookies. They all seem to work for me depending on the day. Of course massages and pedicures are great too, but then I  a. have to interact with people which I usually don't want to do when I'm grumpy   b. feel guilty about spending money so I prefer the free things most days.
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Working out and wine always help me relax.  I think you guys have a lot going on and it's just a particularly busy time for you.  I agree with bridetobe's advice about taking a day off from the house to just regroup and avoid talking about the wedding.  I think we all need days like this, too!! GL!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Thanks all. Good thoughts. FI and I decided to be bums this weekend (movie marathon and chinese with another couple we're friends with) and I'm going for a good long run as soon as I'm done here. Thanks for the support and great suggestions, ladies. They are super helpful! Smile

@BMORE- horrific 90s pop playlist is being made while I type. that idea is nothing short of brilliant!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yesss!! I'm sure a little backstreet boys will cure your blues haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Being a bum is the best thing in the world. Have fun this weekend!

I also like to exercise (well I hate to exercise, but it's the end that makes me feel good) and I love to cook. It takes away stress and you get to eat as you cook! Make cookies- eat the dough!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I usually go to the gym, or have an alcoholic beverage and just watch movies all night long and shut off my cell phone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    in no particular order:

1. yoga
    2. wine
    3. backstreet boys
    4. chick flicks
    5. sex
    6. reese's peanut butter cups
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards