Virginia

Poor Cake Tasting Experience

My friend is getting married and we went to Bliss Bakery in Virginia Beach. When we got there, we were told that we were inconveniencing the person doing the tasting since they closed at 4:00pm (when we made our appointment for, because they said that it would be better to be after closing on the weekends). Then, she disappeared for great periods of time, and at one point, she went to the bathroom, came out, and saw that more people came in and dropped the f-bomb about it. She was completely unprofessional, and we will not be using them for anything. In fact, we were so disappointed with our service that we didn't even purchase the cannolis or donuts that we saw when we came in as we intended to. The consultant shot down every idea that my friend had (someone who wants a fairly simple wedding cake) and we were also quoted an astronomical fee compared to other bakeries in the area. If she was going to spend $800 on a cake for 150 people, it would be somewhere with much better service.

Re: Poor Cake Tasting Experience

• edited December 2011
    Yikes! So bummed that she had to deal with that horrible service. We used Custom Cake Shoppe on Va Beach Blvd. They were incredibly sweet each time we met with them and our cakes (wedding & grooms) were just what I had described to them. We served 150 people for about half of that price
  • beachin6beachin6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience.  We're using Shockley's Sweete Shoppe--a wonderful couple, great prices and awesome cakes in VA Beach.  If you want more info, google it or let me know!
  • fall10bridefall10bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes! I had a cake from there at a friend's birthday party. I was really excited to try it as this place is right next to my house, but it wasn't very good. Funny to hear their service matched their quality. A friend of mine got her cake from Rigoletto's in Red Mill. It's a little Italian Cafe and I totally would expect a wedding cake to come out of there, but it was BEAUTIFUL and really yummy. Not positive on the pricing, but definitely worth checking out for your friend.
  • mistyandchrismistyandchris member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i'd like to add that i posted this review on urban spoon and had an appropriate response given my review: http://tinyurl.com/lrc7yr
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up!
    http://3oclockwalk.blogspot.com ------------------------------- BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards