Virginia

If you were considering Melissa Haislip for hair/makeup....

I was going to use Melissa Haislip for my hair and makeup and I had talked to her about it months ago.  I asked her to keep that date open because I definitely wanted to use her and I said that I'd like to do a trial run before the wedding.She said she'd be busy the rest of July and part of August so I tried to email her to set up the trial run early this month.  I got no response so I tried calling.  Her number had been dissconnected.  I finally found her on facebook and sent her a message.  She said that she closed her massage business and changed her phone #.  I asked if she was still planning to do my wedding hair/makeup and she said she could't remember the details of my wedding.  I had SEVERAL conversations with her about it so I was annoyed.  I reminded her of the details and she wrote back saying that she was busy that weekend and good luck!So now I have no hair/makeup person and if I find one it will probably be way more expensive than what she said. If you were planning to use her you might want to have a backup.  She doesn't keep track of her commitments and does not care. 

Re: If you were considering Melissa Haislip for hair/makeup....

• edited December 2011
    I have considered going to the mall to maybe Macys and have someone do it in there... I have even been told (by a friend who use to work there) that they will come out for a wedding they just ask that you buy some makeup. Since I have a while before the wedding I haven't called about it or researched it further but you could check it out if a mall is near you!
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • edited December 2011
    I've already checked the mall. There are several makeup counters but they all do the makeup in the store, do not do trial runs (unless you want to buy the makeup twice), and do not make appointments meaning they may not even be available the day of.  The mall is over an hour from me so I'm trying to find someone willing to come to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards