Virginia
Options

New!!

Hey everyone!! I'm new to this message board but I'm hoping everyone will be able to help me out!! My wedding is next June and we're just now starting to look at cakes and flowers. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Re: New!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what area you are in, but if you're in the Hampton Roads area check out my bio. Hope it helps!
    Look at my bio for information on Hampton Roads, VA vendors. http://hamptonroadsweddings.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to 3 flower places, a wholesaler, 2 sisters that do it as a second job... and Turpins Florist.  I thought Turpins would be the most espensive, not at all.  Jay was great to work with, didn't charge me for a consultation and even did a mock up of the centerpiece (which is huge) at no cost before I decided to use him!  And he came in under budget.  My wedding isn't until Feb so Alot can happen between now and then - however it's worth a look to see what you think.  Also he is letting me use his glass vases.  Other places wanted me to BUY them.  Turpins is in Norfolk.  Happy looking...
  • Options
    nicholraynicholray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Hampton Roads there are so many amazing cake bakers to go with. I chose Jennifer Shockley of Shockleys Sweet Shoppe: http://shockleyssweetshoppe.blogspot.com/ Jennifer is amazing and so fun to work with. Her cakes are so tasty and light and she's an amazing decorator! I'm doing my own flowers and getting them from Norfolk Wholesale Florist. I'm super crafty and found that professionally designed floral arrangements were out of my budget. Good luck with your wedding planning!!
  • Options
    DeniseC526DeniseC526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!! i will definitely look at that Turpins in norfolk for the florist and we actually just met jennifer and her husband last night and i'm almost 98% positive that we're going with them! i fell in love with them as soon as i met them!! Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards