Virginia

Virginia Beach reception venues

Hey there!  My parents are coming to town to look at venues with me.  We're planning on going to Lesner Inn for sure and possible the Water Table at Fisherman's Wharf.  I can't find any reviews online for the Water Table. 

Does anyone know of any other venues overlooking the water?  Particularly that don't have god awful ugly carpeting?  I need a venue with a BIG dance floor, which is why I'm leaning towards Lesner Inn with its wood floors.

Reception will be about 150-200 people.  And most of my friends are swing dancers so a big dance floor for my reception is larger than what most people would consider a big dance floor!  I don't want to crowd out my family members with the swing dancers on the dance floor.

Just wondering if there are any other venues we should consider!  We're thinking of maybe having the reception at the same venue, but that's not settled yet.  If the reception venue has a good place for the ceremony, we'll probably use it, if not we will just find a separate ceremony site.

~Katy

Re: Virginia Beach reception venues

• edited December 2011
    I think Lesner might be a little tight for that many people, especially for dancing.  I was in a wedding at the Cavalier on the oceanfront (the newer building).  It was a beautiful venue right on the boardwalk - very open! 
  • malbontrmalbontr member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Yacht Club...Its at Marina Shores.  No ugly carpet, waterfront views you can even arrange to arrive by boat if you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards