Virginia

VA Beach Wedding/Venue

Hello, I recently got engaged and my wedding date is May 12, 2012. My FI and I really want to get married on the beach and we had considered renting a beach house and I had seen a few online and even talked to some realtors but I'm not sure if we are going be able to afford it...does anyone have any advice on venues in the area or either reception halls that are nice that we can rent out for the reception and just do the ceremony on the beach. Also, if there are any bridal shows in the area I would love to attend, I currently live in IL and will be basically do a lot of planning during the summer and spring and winter break since I'm a doctoral student and my FI is in the Navy so I have to get him into planning when he's available as well. Please help with any ideas on venues, ceremony sites, reception halls that are pocket book friendly LOLSmile
Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: VA Beach Wedding/Venue

• edited December 2011
    I too was really interested in renting a beach house and getting married on the sand. Though a lot of homes charge extra if the wedding reception is goin gto be held at the home and alot of times there is a limit as to how many people can come.

There is a link above for Hampton roads Venues, check that out and see if you find venues you like!
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out this website, they put together a lot of beach weddings... www.primoevents.net

Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Since your FI is in the military, check out www.capehenryinn.com really good prices.  we checked it out saturday and are really considering this place.  =)  its at Fort Story, and the beach is right there  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards