Virginia

Seamstress in Northern VA

Hello! I am looking for an excellent seamstress for my bridal gown. It is almost a size too big. I also need the sweep train bustled so I can dance at my reception. I have read that this will be difficult to do because my gown has a simple back and it is chiffon so I am totally stressing over this even though I have 15 months to go before my wedding. I also need to have cups sewn into the top. Can anyone recommend someone amazing they have personally used?

I live in Leesburg so anywhere close to there (Ashburn, Reston, Sterling, Chantilly) would be wonderful. Thank you!  :)

Re: Seamstress in Northern VA

• edited December 2011
    I'm taking mine to Judith's Alterations in Vienna.  Would have like someplace closer to Ashburn but she is highly recommended and only does wedding gowns.  Wasn't about to trust my gown to the neighborhood dry cleaner.  The location is not far from the Toll Rd so it's at least easy to get there.

I'm scheduled to go for my first fitting next week so I cannot tell you more at this time.

You might check with some local bridal shops to see if they do alterations even if you didn't buy the dress from their shop.  If they don't do alterations, many will give you recommendations.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck to you as well! :) Please let me know how it goes for you at Judith's Alterations. I have no problem going to Vienna since it is near the toll road like you said. I am most concerned with finding someone who is highly recommended and skilled.

Thanks so much for your reply!
  • edited December 2011
    gzjht1: Hello! Just wondered how your alterations appointment went with Judith?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards