Virginia

VA Beach questions

i personally have lived in VA Beach for 4 years and i have issues figuring out what is a good month to hold a wedding. we want it on the 28 of either may or july and i havent the slightest idea when it comes to hurricanes or weather.

second, anyone know some good officiants? our wedding with not be with a church so we would like someone who isnt very religious.

ideas and options would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: VA Beach questions

• edited December 2011
    It's VA.. you never know what the weather will do.  I got married last May 31st and we had the most amazing weather all weekend.  I'd go for late May.  Late June may be too hot.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
  • edited December 2011
    I've lived in VA my whole life...May is def the way to go....July 28th will be so fricken hot and humid!!!

as far as an officiant, try to track down Al Sokolic...he's a justice of the peace at the courthouses on Princess Anne. He's a good friend. Tell him Danielle from the pool store referred you!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • cbmtcbmt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with May.  Even though I am getting married in July, I know it will be very hot!!  Also there is an officiant with "now where this" another name for them is "carribean wraps" they do a lot of beach wedding and destination weddings so they are not religious.  Also I spoke with the lady before I was getting married in a church she was very nice. good luck
  • edited December 2011
    thank you guys.
    for me personally it has nothign to do with heat or humidity, id rather just not get hit by a hurricane. lol
  • edited December 2011
    If it's just hurricanes you're worried about, either date will work. hurricane season starts late august till about october in VB.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you on that last note. that was my primary concern. we are having a wedding at a very special place *though not on the beach it will be partially outside* and i would like to not be swamped my hurricane weather!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards