Virginia

Invitations make me want to rip my hair out

Call me high-strung, but I tried to order my invitations from americanwedding.com last night and I got so pissy that Ned had to take over!

I think I just need to use another website. The proof they sent didn't look right. I wanted our names to be bigger than the rest of the font. That didnt work. And their choices for wording SUCKED. I had to write my own.

Save the dates were soooo much easier. I just wants some GD layered invitations! Yell

Any ideas on easy breezy invitation ordering?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Invitations make me want to rip my hair out

• edited December 2011
    Have you checked VistaPrint?  Or Davids Bridal?  VistaPrint is fairly inexpensive and you can view your draft online.

Thats all I have.....sorry
  • edited December 2011
    I got my Save the Dates from VistaPrint and I was impressed. I wanted the layered look, but I dont even care any more.

Q: Do your Save the Dates/Invites/Wedding theme all match?

I sent out my Save the Dates before I picked my wedding colors. So, my STDs are grey with snowflakes. Wedding is Ivory/Red/Gold.

Should my invitations match the Save the Dates and not the wedding? Or should they match the wedding and not the STD.

Or am I the ONLY person who cares and nobody will remember my invitations so I should stop being a psychopath?
  • swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Save the Dates were just fun postcards. I hadn't solidified the overall look or all the colors I would be using when I sent them out either. The invitations I wanted to match the wedding. Personally I think it makes more sense for your official invites to match the look/feel of your wedding than it does for them to match the save the dates.
    image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok thats what my go-to BM said, too. I have to get on the ball with these invitations. Yikes
  • swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with them! I definitely had a hard time choosing since there are so many options. But if you have a handle on your color scheme then that should help narrow it down a lot. Ooor, if you only have a semi-handle on your color scheme then you could find an invitation you love to help flesh it out. hehe.
    image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards