Virginia

Where did you get your dress?

I got mine at David's Bridal in Hampton.  They were very helpful and nice, and so far I've had no problems with them. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide
"It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."

Re: Where did you get your dress?

• greeneyes10greeneyes10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at an Alfred Angelo in Baton Rouge, La (that's where my parents live), but just found out that they opened up a store at Short Pump in Richmond. Everyone there was fabulous and extremely helpful. They also have a variety of prices and sizes. 
  • burnsbabyburnsbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at David's Bridal. I had actually found a dress online that I loved and only went in DB to try on the same fit and type of dress. They were having a sale, however, so I tried on some others too. I actually couldn't find one I wanted to try on like the one online so I asked the lady who was helping me. She brought back the right type of dress, but I had hated the beadwork on it when I saw it on the rack. I tried it on anyway and instantly fell in love with it. The beadwork looked INCREDIBLE on and I loved the pool train. So I got a 500 dress with intricate bead work at the 99 dollar sale! YAY! It's strapless mermaid cut :)
    "I love you.. even when you're sick and look disgusting!" -Love Actually
    My Planning Bio
  • pennylane5309pennylane5309 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Celebration bridals in Lynchburg. I went to Lynchburg to go Church Street Bridals where dresses are cheap because they are donated by big designers. I never made it because I was killing time in Celebration until Church Street Bridal's opened and fell in love with the coziest, prettiest dress. The staff was super sweet and helpful and I love the dress!
  • lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LeStar Bridal in Old Town Alexandria. They were super helpful and only allow 1 bridal appointment at time (the shop is really small with only 2 dressing rooms in the wedding gown section). It's family owned and they gave a discount on the bridesmaid dresses since I bought my dress there.
  • vbbride2010vbbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.unique-vintage.com the girls are getting their bridesmaid dresses from there as well!
  • courtnikocourtniko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany's Bridal in Port Warwick.  It is family owned, but they are retiring and looking to sell.  They do have a lot of dresses on clearance right now though.
  • edited December 2011
    All the Rage in Virginia Beach.. They are so friendly and helpful in there!!
  • edited December 2011
    Mine came from Blush Bridal Boutique (a consignment store) in Newport News.  It was a brand new gown that retailed at $1600 and we spent less that $600 on it.
  • youngadyoungad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten  mine but I work at David's Bridal in Hampton and I think they have some nice things in there and great discounts for your bridal party as well.
  • rojobrorojobro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Pure English in VA Beach, I've had a wonderful experience there.
  • marjo1213marjo1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Tiffany's Bridal in Port Warwick.  They were having a contest too and I ended up winning a prize.  They had some pretty good prizes too including 500 dollars towards some honeymoon place.  Last time I went there like 3 weeks ago they were trying to sell a bunch of stuff like 75% off. 
  • crickel320crickel320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also bought my dress at Tiffany's in Port Warwick.  It is incredible and I got it for 60% off!  Unfortunately though, they promised me their seamstress could hem it for me and have it done by June when they closed.  I kept the dress there so she could work on it, but this week I got a letter saying they are closing next week!  I guess they found someone to rent the space and couldn't pass up the offer.  I'm just happy I found the dress of my dreams, and the seamstress is going to just finish my dress in her home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards