Virginia
Options

King Family vs Veritas

Help!

I'm having a hard time choosing between King Family Vineyard and Veritas Vineyard for my January 2012 wedding. Anyone have any insights?

Here are my thoughts on each:

King Family
- in my opinion very "Restoration Hardware" = elegant rustic.
- I love the fireplace in the main room.
- smaller main room, which may be a better fit for our 80-100 guest list
- in my opinion a more picturesque and appealing entrance from road to building and entry from parking lot
- the one thing that I really dislike is the walls of the main room, I prefer the white draped walls at Veritas. The photos from Veritas weddings look beautiful with the drapery.

Veritas
- beautiful wood tasting bar for cocktail hour
- onsite caterer, which is good and bad I guess. Good, since I can never make a decision and choosing a caterer would be one less thing I'd have to worry about and all the reviews have loved the food. Bad, because I may be able to find less expensive catering using a different company.
- con, maybe their tasting room is a little more "rustic" than I was going for?
- but, that beautiful main room draped in beautiful fabric with huge windows may make up for the above.

I think I'm going to go need to take. Second look at both before I make a decision.

Anyone familiar with those two venues?

Re: King Family vs Veritas

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at both, and ultimately went with King.

Veritas is a little far out of Cville....and pretty much everyone will be OOT.  There just aren't many good hotels close to Veritas, so it would be about a 40 minute drive for everyone.  King is a lot closer, and right off I-64, so it's more like a 25 minute drive.

Personally, we HATED the white chiffon drapery on the walls at Veritas. It's not our style AT ALL.  So that made our decision easy.  If it hadn't been for that, I think it would have been a much more difficult decision.  It's a very picturesque location (though, really only in one direction, which is off the porch outside).  King is also pretty, but has views in more directions.   Not sure how much you'd be using outdoor space of either in January though. 

I guess it's just a matter of deciding which one you like more.  If you like the white drapey walls, then go for Veritas:-)  They're both really nice.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well darn.  I wrote a big response and it didn't post.  Just a few notes...I'm not going to retype everything.  Obviously, these are just my opinions.

Vertias - had some hidden costs (if they didn't send you their real bill, PM me and I'll email it to you), drapery is dirty (florist joked that there are dead bugs stuck in it), red ceiling in tasting room is hard for photographers to work with.  Great food, but a loooong drive home afterwards (rough if people are drining).

King Family - wines aren't as good as Veritas, reception room feels cold and impersonal to me (had another bride say the same thing), parking is tight

I went with the newest vineyard, Pippin Hill.  The site is stunning and the wines are fantastic.  It's the best of everything...it better be...Lynn Easton is behind it.  :)
  • Options
    KAB05009KAB05009 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your replies! Claire, I wish your post had worked I would be very interested in your experiences! If you could email me the copy of the price list that would be wonderful. Kaitlyn.bryanatgmail. And, Pippin Hill is beautiful from the photos I saw, but I think it is out of my budget. :( I am dragging my Fiancé to both locations Saturday so he can see them and will hopefully make a decision. I am five months out and don't have one single thing planned. O. M. G.
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KAB05009 -- I think you and I are planning very similar weddings.   If you want to chat about vendors, feel free to PM me:-)
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards