Virginia
Options

Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE!

Hey everyone this is my first post ever on The Knot. I am overwhelemed with the wedding situation. I really have a tight budget because I already have my dress YAY! I'm not sure what venue to pick I have been thinking of a hotel on Virginia Beach, but my main goal is to find a venue that provides everything there even if its a little more and I am totally willing to do a lot of the work. So please let me know regarding your experiences and I'll take all the advice I can get! Thank you
 I forgot to add I only think I will have 30-35 people very small and I thought about the Botanical Gardens, or possibly the Spirit of Norfolk but I don't much about either.

Re: Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE!

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I don't know much about VA beach, as I live up in Northern VA. But my understanding is that hotels are on the cheaper side, and tend to include a lot. Will you be having the ceremony and reception in the same location?
    I think you should start calling around and getting estimates, but first look up the venues on here (theknot.com), or even Google to see what the costs are listed on their website or on other wedding sites such as brides.com. Good luck!
  • Options
    fiestyjfiestyj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am very interested in finding a venue that does EVERYTHING  even if it is a little more. I've looked into a couple hotels but just don't know where to start. I think i would love a scenic waterfront but I am open to ideas.

• Options
    fiestyjfiestyj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_hi-everyone-engaged-just-starting-plan-may-2012-hopefully-tight-budget-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:38cadd37-87e0-47bc-a4a9-fa6c115a4fbePost:2c90643f-bc14-4486-814f-5684aacb2733">Re: Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about here: <a href="http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Virginia-Weddings/Profile/CAR/192/343111/profile" rel='nofollow'>http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Virginia-Weddings/Profile/CAR/192/343111/profile</a>
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Talking to them through email right now! thanks I just wish I had some reviews on them
  • Options
    cmluptoncmlupton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did they quote you a price?
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_hi-everyone-engaged-just-starting-plan-may-2012-hopefully-tight-budget-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:38cadd37-87e0-47bc-a4a9-fa6c115a4fbePost:e4062a8b-e8e8-4996-b48f-9e50ac46d610">Re: Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE! : Talking to them through email right now! thanks I just wish I had some reviews on them
    Posted by fiestyj[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oh great! Hope you find what you are looking for soon!</div>
  • Options
    fiestyjfiestyj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_hi-everyone-engaged-just-starting-plan-may-2012-hopefully-tight-budget-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:38cadd37-87e0-47bc-a4a9-fa6c115a4fbePost:e4062a8b-e8e8-4996-b48f-9e50ac46d610">Re: Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE! : Talking to them through email right now! thanks I just wish I had some reviews on them
    Posted by fiestyj[/QUOTE]

They said 3600
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at the Barclay Towers at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. They have two banquet rooms, so we had the ceremony in the smaller room and then the reception in the larger room (which can be sectioned off for a small party like yours). Both banquet rooms have a big window wall that faces the ocean and there is a patio as well.

They take care of the table set up and will put on any linens that you have. They do their own catering and it was delicious and affordable! We got steak for $20 per person!
  • Options
    fiestyjfiestyj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_hi-everyone-engaged-just-starting-plan-may-2012-hopefully-tight-budget-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:38cadd37-87e0-47bc-a4a9-fa6c115a4fbePost:e4bc786f-6a9d-4f54-86a2-31324e226d47">Re: Hi Everyone! Engaged and Just starting to plan for May 2012 (hopefully) Tight Budget HELP PLEASE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had our wedding at the Barclay Towers at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. They have two banquet rooms, so we had the ceremony in the smaller room and then the reception in the larger room (which can be sectioned off for a small party like yours). Both banquet rooms have a big window wall that faces the ocean and there is a patio as well. They take care of the table set up and will put on any linens that you have. They do their own catering and it was delicious and affordable! We got steak for $20 per person!
    Posted by beautifulbridetobe11[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the recommendation. I briefly looked over the Barclay Towers. I will have to set up a meeting they sound like a good place for my small wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards