Virginia
Options

Shenandoah National Park

Hello!!  My boyfriend and I recently got engaged and decided to get married in Shenandoah National Park.  We are avid hikers and those are the first mountains we ever saw together!  We are looking for a ceremony site.  I would love to get married on top of a mountain but my grandparents wouldn't be able to make the hike.  Does anyone know of a beautiful location within the park to tie the knot?  Our guest list will be no more than 20 people and very intimate. Thanks!!

Re: Shenandoah National Park

• Options
    sassybananasassybanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was recently at Shenandoah and saw a few sites that have covered areas that could be used for the reception part of the wedding. Those places have parking and would be able to accomodate the amount of guests you are expecting. I'm not sure of any places that would be easy to access for your grandparents but maybe you could use a pull off of Skyline Drive to have the ceremony and then go to the park for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have event coordinators at the park that can help you find the perfect spot. I've contacted them as a possible venue for 2012 and they have a "contact us" page related to their events that can help you find someone to tell you the best places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards