Virginia

am i absolutely nuts?

to have my wedding ceremony and reception outdoors, at the end of october in luray, va which is slightly up in the mountains?
Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: am i absolutely nuts?

• rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    may be chilly if it's in the evening!  With october you never know, I'm from Hampton Roads, so I can't speak for your area.
  • edited December 2011
    What time of day are you thinking? If you have a midday ceremony and fairly early reception I think the heat of the day will keep the temp right. But if you are going for an evening reception, you have to factor in the moutain chill you will get at night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    thanks guys! i am doing it starting at noon...so im hoping we will be ok. we wrap it up around 6pm ish...
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actually shot a wedding in Lynchburg in Oct a couple of years ago and there are a few things I learned. Earlier in the day the better (noon should be perfect,...good choice!). Tents are awesome these days. They have sides that roll down & as the evening got closer, there were portable heaters which made things very comfortable. Best part: Oct brings out the best in fall colors...should result in awesome pics.
    Best wishes to both of ya'll & g'luck w/ the wedding.
    Robbie
    www.robbiehickman.com
  • ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Harrisonburg going to JMU. I think Luray 1) a lovely venue, good choice! 2) will probably stay pretty warm at that point of the season.

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards