Virginia

Alterations? in NOVA area

Does anyone know of a good places in the NOVA area specificly near Loudoun County? The dress I am looking at getting will need hemmed and a bustel put in.

Thanks

Re: Alterations? in NOVA area

• There is a great shop in the Cascades Marketplace.  It is across the street from Boston Market near a UPS Store on Southbank Street.  I just googled it and it came up as Pervin Custom Tailor and Formal Wear.  I've taken three bridesmaid dresses over the years there and they do fantastic work.  Just be careful though.  I figured out that the plastic bags that they put the clothes in have blue watermark dots (for lack of a better term) on them and I think it caused one dress to have blue marks on it.  Either that or a pen rolled around on it.  The lady swore I brought it in that way and threw a huge fit at me when I pointed it out.  The marks did come out but I was disappointed with her response/reaction.  The dress I had was a lighter blue and not worth the full fight I should have given it. 

Sooo, fantastic work...just keep an eye on marks.  Maybe have her sign off on how you bring the dress in.  Let her go over it and see what she finds so she can't have anything back on you. I think they've changed the bags.
  • If you are willing to travel to PW County, try Kimly's ALterations and Dressmaking Services
    She is the best, over 30 years experience and affordable, between Fairfax and Woodbridge location.    703-680-7442

She'll do weekend and evening hours for your fittings.  ALso, she does not work out of her home, so she is a real business and won't close up shop in the middle of the night and run away with your clothes (which can happen when you have a business from home)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards