Virginia
Options

Getting Closer! Cville wedding

Hey Ladies-
Just a little update on my wedding progress, it's...coming...closer...

I found a great caterer that I think is really fairly priced-Chef Ted (Let's Go Catering with Chef Ted). He also has all linens, glasses, plates, forks etc so rental costs are way down. ($6.00/pp). He's a really nice guy too which makes it easy!

I'm going with Tom Daly photography-which I completely fell in love with his stuff-I can't wait! He was the splurge but his point of view is very fresh and each picture tells a story. (In my opinion)

Going with DJ Derek Tobler-a total pro from all accounts. I can already tell he has a great voice. Also, he is willing to set up during cocktail hour/ceremony which I think is important for the flow of the event.

My future mother in law is doing the flowers, also a total pro. I'm helping grow some of the things for the arrangements. ;)

Oh yea--the day after the wedding we are doing a guided bus tour by the Beer Zone. We're renting a huge bus and doing brewery tours at Blue Mountain, Wild Wolf, Devils Backbone and a cidery in the middle (I forget which one it is). It's going to be $50/cpl to join on the bus tour, but I think it will be a really cool event.

Also, in keeping with the local inspiration-instead of a champagne toast we will have a Castle Hill Cider toast (this stuff is phenomenal!!!!)

So, that's where I'm at. Currently working on wording the invitation and picking favors!

Re: Getting Closer! Cville wedding

• Options
    That sounds awesome!   I've heard great things about Chef Ted and Derek Tobler.  And the beer tour sounds awesome!  I'll have to check that out the next time I'm back in the 'Ville.  MAN I love that place:-)   

Remind me which venue you went with?   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We went with King Family Vineyard. It's beautiful and has all of the elements we were looking for.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_getting-closer-cville-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:50b22d1a-3cc2-462e-8d00-bd2138401519Post:7df022b0-838b-40cc-bbd4-48e88437840d">Re: Getting Closer! Cville wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went with King Family Vineyard. It's beautiful and has all of the elements we were looking for.
    Posted by sassybanana[/QUOTE]

Our wedding was at KFV also -- it was amazing!!! Our guests and an awesome time, our photographer got some BEAUTIFUL shots of us in the vineyards, in the barn, etc, and our ceremony was beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more:-). I'm sure your wedding will be awesome!!!
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards