Virginia
Options

PLEASE HELP! Need advice, Hampton roads area

I really need some advice and input! I am having an unbelievably hard time having ANYONE get back to my inquiries at my location options, and if they do initially get back with me follow up questions (same day!!!) relayed through emails or calls go unreturned. I know what kind of wedding I want to have, but am having a hard time finding something that fits that isnt astronomical in price.

I really really really wanted the Warner Hall, if you are familliar with this place you allready understand my taste lol. It was beautiful and everything I wanted, but we simply can not pay 5,000 on top of the food and venue fee to rent the inn for the two nights as mandated. I was devastated when I realized how much that mandated rental is, as the food and venue fees we not cheap but within our budget since they included tables, chairs, linens, some floral, tent, food.. and a back up rain plan! (for our wedding of 55-70 people the high estimate was about 7,200)

Unfortunately the 5,000 for the rental (which we do not need at all...) was unneseccary for us and would eat the rest of our budget. I am not looking at:

*Apple Blossom Plantation- which I have been very dissapointed to read horrible ratings about, but there are alot of good ones too so I am VERY leery of this and dont know what to make of it?

*Jasmine Plantation-  While its very pretty, it doesnt really give me the "wow" factor.. but its now looking like a front runner minus the fact that I can not get anyone to explain the fees (inclusions, exclusions, etc) listed on their page.

*Berkeley Plantation- Can't get anyone to return my calls to see about pricing!

Does anyone have any reviews on these above locations, or could make any suggestions?? I am so frustrated with this. I want to do spring of 2013, have a ceremony and reception at the same site, garden, foilage, trees are important to me. I would prefer to do it somewhere that we werent in the middle of public. I love rustic, and historical, and we really want somewhere like a plantation, inn, manor, colonial house.. etc. I want to get married outside, and envision a sunset ceremony with a lighted tent reception. We dont need to stay on the premesis, and dont need catering but are ok with purchasing it if the site mandates that.

Re: PLEASE HELP! Need advice, Hampton roads area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really need some advice and input! I am having an unbelievably hard time having ANYONE get back to my inquiries at my location options, and if they do initially get back with me follow up questions (same day!!!) relayed through emails or calls go unreturned. I know what kind of wedding I want to have, but am having a hard time finding something that fits that isnt astronomical in price.

I really really really wanted the Warner Hall, if you are familliar with this place you allready understand my taste lol. It was beautiful and everything I wanted, but we simply can not pay 5,000 on top of the food and venue fee to rent the inn for the two nights as mandated. I was devastated when I realized how much that mandated rental is, as the food and venue fees we not cheap but within our budget since they included tables, chairs, linens, some floral, tent, food.. and a back up rain plan! (for our wedding of 55-70 people the high estimate was about 7,200)

Unfortunately the 5,000 for the rental (which we do not need at all...) was unneseccary for us and would eat the rest of our budget. I am not looking at:

*Apple Blossom Plantation- which I have been very dissapointed to read horrible ratings about, but there are alot of good ones too so I am VERY leery of this and dont know what to make of it?

*Jasmine Plantation-  While its very pretty, it doesnt really give me the "wow" factor.. but its now looking like a front runner minus the fact that I can not get anyone to explain the fees (inclusions, exclusions, etc) listed on their page.

*Berkeley Plantation- Can't get anyone to return my calls to see about pricing!

Does anyone have any reviews on these above locations, or could make any suggestions?? I am so frustrated with this. I want to do spring of 2013, have a ceremony and reception at the same site, garden, foilage, trees are important to me. I would prefer to do it somewhere that we werent in the middle of public. I love rustic, and historical, and we really want somewhere like a plantation, inn, manor, colonial house.. etc. I want to get married outside, and envision a sunset ceremony with a lighted tent reception. We dont need to stay on the premesis, and dont need catering but are ok with purchasing it if the site mandates that.

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend moving this to the Virginia wedding board under "Local Boards" to the left.  There are a lot of HR brides on there.  My wedding is in Charlottesville, so I'm not much help with Hampton Roads stuff, but you'll get more help there than you will here on the Main board.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's Windsor Castle in Smithfield. It'll be a strictly outdoor event, but it's inexpensive, and you'll get that outdoor, country feel. It's on the water too. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Norfolk Botanical Gardens
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards