Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

What are your...

NYE plans?

We got invited to a house party that is usually really big, but H can't come down, so now I feel like just having a pity party by myself.
Anniversary

Re: What are your...

• Sometimes low key is nice on NYE though.  We're going to an early dinner with FI parents and then staying in and drinking the champagne from our Engagement party!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are supposed to be going to a NYE/Going Away party that some Army follks have planned, according to FI. I have yet to be given any additional details, so I am pushing for a quiet night at home.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • We're having a game night with FI's BFF and his GF at their apartment. 

We stay low-key. 
  • One of Jeremy's good friends is in a band that plays gigs around WF, and they're playing a local bar that night, so we'll probably go listen to them play. Nothing super exciting, just another Saturday night for us :)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are going out with SIL and BIL (and possibly a niece and nephew) to dinner at Razzoos then to play in the NYE dart tournament at one of our favorite bars. This has been our 'tradition' for the past few years, and we always have a blast. We enjoy drinking heavily and throwing sharp pointy objects...what a lovely combo for a NYE hootenanny.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_what-are-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:13680832-01dd-48ab-a6b4-2e27085e46c5Post:a953a130-1f26-4f3e-8ef5-4dd7e63b9dca">Re: What are your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of Jeremy's good friends is in a band that plays gigs around WF, and they're playing a local bar that night, so we'll probably go listen to them play. <strong>Nothing super exciting, just another Saturday night for us :)</strong>
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

<div>This is how I like to do holidays. I'm not into getting drunk off my butt (I've also never been into getting drunk off my butt). That way I can still go sleep in my own bed when the nights over! 

Last year we stayed at BFF and GFs house. We slept on the couches. That was not a fun time.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_what-are-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:13680832-01dd-48ab-a6b4-2e27085e46c5Post:b7409849-9412-4029-9de7-a230e0c5a887">Re: What are your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going out with SIL and BIL (and possibly a niece and nephew) to dinner at Razzoos then to play in the NYE dart tournament at one of our favorite bars. This has been our 'tradition' for the past few years, and we always have a blast. We enjoy drinking heavily and throwing sharp pointy objects...what a lovely combo for a NYE <strong>hootenanny</strong>.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

Hootenanny!

Razzoo's sounds yummy right now.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_what-are-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:13680832-01dd-48ab-a6b4-2e27085e46c5Post:2ddccfae-3a1f-415e-aa0e-fd5db054fdf8">Re: What are your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your... : This is how I like to do holidays. I'm not into getting drunk off my butt (I've also never been into getting drunk off my butt). That way I can still go sleep in my own bed when the nights over!  Last year we stayed at BFF and GFs house. We slept on the couches. <strong>That was not a fun time</strong>.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly is the reason we don't get all wild and crazy on holidays/when we go out- I'm too much of a grouch to have to wake up on someone's couch or floor the next morning! Lol.</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_what-are-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:13680832-01dd-48ab-a6b4-2e27085e46c5Post:b5c19ebe-e720-4153-86ae-c5feeb7dbcce">Re: What are your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your... : Hootenanny! Razzoo's sounds yummy right now.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

That was just for you :) Merry effing Christmas, hoar.
  • We have the kid this year so we're going to the Great Wolf Lodge for the weekend. The kid in me is super excited about getting to play in that water park!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_what-are-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:13680832-01dd-48ab-a6b4-2e27085e46c5Post:e64d0834-94b6-4c6e-87d3-42aa93987f7a">Re: What are your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have the kid this year so we're going to the Great Wolf Lodge for the weekend. The kid in me is super excited about getting to play in that water park!!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]
    I'm jealous!
  • We're hopefully just going to a good friend's house to hang out with him and his girlfriend. She all of the sudden has decided she wants to go to a rave, though, so that may fall through. If it does we'll probably just have a low key night at home. We're not really the raving type, lol.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The past two weeks S and I have driven from Los Angeles to Dallas, and to Northern Arkansas and back, so, yeah. It's going to be a night in with champagne and probably shaking the laser pointer in front of the dog for awhile. Maybe we'll defrost some soup if we feel adventurous.
  • Friends are getting a hotel in downtown fort worth and then we'll likely end up at a bar before midnight...
    Anniversary
  • We have traveled quite a bit, and had our 'Six Christmases" adventure, so we probably will stay home.  I love that several of us seem to be staying in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards