Virginia
Options

What's your favorite location for a wedding in Virginia?

In the Hampton Roads area there are a ton a amazing places to get married! What's your favorite location for a wedding? Where are you planning on getting married? Through working with The Bridal Dish I've seen a bunch of amazing places...I wish I could get married on the beach, but I'm too scared of bad weather. I really like Chrysler Hall! What about you?

Re: What's your favorite location for a wedding in Virginia?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll bite.

Btw- I didn't realize that Chrysler Hall did weddings.  Did you mean the Chrysler Museum?

Fav- Contemporary Museum of Art
    Our venue- The Water Table

These are all the places we've been to a wedding at:

Contemporary Museum of Art- loved.  HATED whatever caterer they used, but the venue was gorgeous and had a nice layout
    Princess Anne Country Club- eh. Too cut up- there were 400 people so it felt very disjointed.  Might be good for smaller weddings
    Lesner Inn- gorgeous, loved the venue.  Food mediocre and I've been to two weddings there and have known countless others who have gotten married there (loses points for just being a common venue- I don't know anyone that hasn't been to at least one wedding there)
    Va Beach Resort & Conf Center- very dated room (Tradewinds) and tiny dance floor, mediocre food.  Did like the outside area and bar though.
    Half Moone Cruise Terminal- beautiful venue - a little cold feeling but great for a more modern wedding
    Hospitality House (Wmbg) - typical hotel ballroom kind of thing but they did a very nice job with both weddings I attended

I've been to a formal dance at the Chrysler Museum and I think it'd be a gorgeous venue for a wedding (I've also seen like 100 photos of weddings there- most of my vendors have done a bunch of their weddings).

We're also invited to a wedding at the Harrison Opera House early next year.  Psyched for that one- it looks gorgeous.

We picked the Water Table because we wanted to bring our own caterer and wanted a view of the water.  Essentially something like the Lesner with being able to bring our own food.  We also wanted to have it somewhere that not all of our guests had already been to 2+ weddings at!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about the Contemporary Museum of Art! Love that...I'm not sure if Chrysler Hall does weddings (ceremony), but they definitely do receptions up in the Dress Circle I think it's called? It's pretty nice. I love The Water Table, too! It's kind of hidden so that's a good idea! Really pretty view
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We had ours @ the Contemporary Art Center and, even though I'm slightly biased, it was an awesome venue - ceremony and reception in one spot and gorgeous views/outdoors. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing ours at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens with our reception on the Spirit of Norfolk. The Spirit also does ceremonies, too, on their top deck and it's GORGEOUS. i love being on the water, just always wanted to get married in a garden :)

I do agree the CAC is AMAZING!
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to have my wedding at the Chrylser Museum next year but they will be doing construction starting in january through September.  I'm afraid of how it would look and they said there will probably be cranes and big equipment outside!

I recommend the Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club or the Cavalier Hotel.  I've been to weddings at both and they were both beautiful.
  • Options
    sdavi084sdavi084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sadly, none of my friends are married, but we're having ours at teh Virginia Living Museum in Newport News. Its gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VCU basketball game.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a reception there about 5-6 years ago.  Its a really nice place, actually.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     The historic Goodstone Inn is set amidst 265 acres of Virginia's famous hunt and wine country. We offer 18 luxury guestrooms situated in six individual residences.///////The natural beauty of the estate’s rolling pastures; with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance create a picturesque backdrop for a romantic wedding/////// Call or email:///
    Michelle Stanley////
    540-687-3092////michellestanley@goodstone.com///////www.goodstone.com/">www.goodstone.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards