Virginia
Options

VA Beach House Rental

Hey ladies! I was wondering if anyone has been to, seen on of or having a wedding and reception at a rental house in Sandbridge? I'm really leaning this way but would love to see some pics or hear some ideas...

Thanks in advance!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: VA Beach House Rental

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A co-worker got married in Sandbridge, and it was very pretty.  Just make sure that however many people you are inviting is allowed in the house.  I had thought about doing the same, but the biggest house I saw, the limit was 50 people.  Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally wanted to get married at a house in the OBX but the houses were just so expesive by the time you paid the charge for a wedding not to mention catering and all that. It's a great idea and I love it. Maybe use some OBX weddings as inspirations.. its more commn to get married down there..so I'm sure you'd be able to come across a lot more photos..
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also been to a wedding in sandbridge and it was great.  I wish I could have done that for my own wedding=)  I do know that you have to inform the rental office that you are having an 'event'  I would also suggest trying for the month of September or early October, that way the beach is less crowded.

Check out some local photographers and see if they have any sample beach weddings for you to see!!  I bet you can get some inspiration from that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Several things to keep in mind re Sandbridge rentals...if youre looking at summertime, parking is a huge issue. Yes they will tow vehicles if illegally parked. The beach is very spacious but can get crowded. However...Back Bay Wildlife Refuge is just at the southern end of Sandbridge. Incredible area...wooden walkways, beach less crowded.
    Definitely look into the occupancy of the homes. Also if youre looking at a multi level home, ask about homes w/elevators. Helps the vendors (especially caterers). If its mostly family or close friends, perhaps you could check into 2 homes directly next to each other.
    Feel free to send me a priv msg or email if you like.
    Best wishes to ya & g'luck!!
  • Options
    dmjackson1dmjackson1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this: www.beachweddingsvirginia.com

I'm getting married Oct. 30 and this is what we're doing. I'm not at the beach so I wanted something I didn't have to plan. We are renting a house in Sandbridge to stay-but you'll see on the website that there are some options for you!!!

Congratulations! Good luck!!

If you want-I'll let you know how mine goes-PM me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <div>Hello, I am also looking for a large house to rent, with one or two very large common areas. My ideal is to have the wedding ceremony & reception indoors, with about 80 guests, on New Years Eve 2013. Number of bedrooms doesn't matter, only the common spaces. Please let me know if you have any houses or realtors that could help!  Thanks! </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://virginiabeach.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_va-beach-house-rental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:77c678b3-5a6d-41d3-92ad-b002061e0f71Post:118b2560-f1da-4558-8f6f-5625af2db491">Re: VA Beach House Rental</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try this: <a href="http://www.beachweddingsvirginia.com" rel="nofollow">www.beachweddingsvirginia.com</a> I'm getting married Oct. 30 and this is what we're doing. I'm not at the beach so I wanted something I didn't have to plan. We are renting a house in Sandbridge to stay-but you'll see on the website that there are some options for you!!! Congratulations! Good luck!! If you want-I'll let you know how mine goes-PM me!
    Posted by dmjackson1[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards