Virginia

Help! Need Help finding afforable venue for large number in Virginia

Hi-

So my fiance has a HUGE immediate family and our wedding number is at 200 without our "b/c"list..so somewhere (hopefully) b/w 180-200 for a final count. I really need to find a venue in VA that is UNDER 20k (considering the mountain of other things you have to buy and I can only afford so much). I also keep hearing its better to find a venue that you bring in a cater co/can bring your own liquor..I think that's the route we want to go. And he would prefer a site that's well as he put it 'not an ugly reception area'- he is in the interior design/architecture business and if that's his only request I want to try to do it!

Any suggestions????? I've been looking for weeks and could REALLY use some advice!

Re: Help! Need Help finding afforable venue for large number in Virginia

• edited December 2011
    Where exactly in Virginia are you looking? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • vtsmurfvtsmurf member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We'd like to stay within 2-3 hours from Alexandria VA. I've looked around 'nova', leesburg, Blacksburg/Roanoke/all along the blueridge parkway (we both went to school out that way), Charlottesville (although im learning this is an expensive area!), yorktown, williamsburg...haha, we've looked a little everywhere! I do like the idea of blueridge but haven't found one yet.

I'm having trouble because there were a lot of places we liked that were in our price range but you had to have an outdoor/tented reception...I don't want to push my luck with weather issues..ha.
  • niecie_jeffniecie_jeff member
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Vinton VA (about 10 Minutes or so from downtown Roanoke) at a place called Boxtree Lodge. It is an out door ceremony and indoor reception. We are paying $1700 for it for the whole weeked. They have another location on the same property called Brea Loch Lake. They have a huge shelter up there that can hold around 250-300 people. I know lots of people who have gotten married there and had the ceremony and recption in the same area. For that location it is $2000. You can bring in your own cater/liquor. For our wedding/recption of 100 we are paying less than $5000. 
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Stroga in DC. http://stroga.com/Special_Events You have to email her for the specifics events@STROGA.com. I deleted the email a long time ago, but from what I remember it's $600 dollars an hour and you have to rent your own tables, chairs, etc. But it's a very beautiful space. We would have used her, but we decided that it would be too far for our guests to travel to.
  • edited December 2011
    Some of the Virginia State Parks have buildings that you can rent for a really low cost and bring in your own caterer...
  • malbontrmalbontr member
    edited December 2011
    If you would consider a wedding in Virginia Beach, I would suggest The Yacht Club at Marina Shores.  You can google them.  They have a great waterfront view and can currently accomodate up to 250 guests and are working on a new room for 350 guests.
  • nikkinarginikkinargi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Visit Hermitage Hill Farms website
     http://www.hermitagehillfarm.com
    They allow outside caterers and have ceremony sites as well as accomodating that number.
  • Cocobean77Cocobean77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out CrossKeys Vineyards in Mount Crawford, VA. Beautiful Venue! Sort of a tuscon feel architecture wise. Check out some of their photo's on their facebook page , they have some from weddings they have done. The caterer they just put on full time is excellent to work with, and will work with any budget. And they allow you to bring in your own beer/liquour provided you obtain an ABC license (this is what were doing). You just need to use their wine. It's just over 2 hours outside of DC...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards