Virginia
Options

Affordable Venue in Newport News / HR...Yeah right I give up - HELP!!!

Ok so we have had to change our date a few times due to scheduling conflicts with bridal party and school as well as finances.  So we finally decided on Sept. 2013 at this point I don't care what weekend - we both just want to get married!

I am originally from Pa and am a city girl, my fiance a native of Virginia (Middlesex County) is a country boy.  This isn't the first marriage for either of us, so I doubt the majority of my family from Pa will be attending.  My fiance on the other hand has a guest list @ 94 currently.  I believe our guest list by the time this is all is said and done will be around 100-125 MAX.

The majority of the guests will be coming from Middlesex County and a another group from Chesapeake - finding a venue to host the ceremony and reception that is centrally located for both groups seems to be a daunting task.  We thought we found a great spot and had decided on The Pavilion at Deer Run - Newport News Golf Club.  Well low and behold the stupid thing was struck by lightning and burnt to the ground!!!!  They have an alternative of using the club house but I am just not feeling it.  It's smaller and I just can't envision hosting a reception for 100 people there.  Split level and the dance floor would be in the cafe area and I just don't see it happening the way I dreamt about.  So I need HELP!!!!

My fiance is just about to finish up his bachelor's degree and is looking for work, I am still in school so our finances are tight.  Orignially we were thinking $8k max for EVERYTHING and it was still more than we wanted to spend but just couldn't find much in our price range.

We really don't want to do a ballroom type venue - it's just not us.. ok well him..lol  He feels out of place which I completely understand.  So I am begging for help on this one - I have searched and searched.  I fell in love with the Freight Shed however it's completely booked.  I need to watch the rental fee.  I have found a couple really nice places however I can't justify spending $2k just to rent the space and then have table rentals, linens, food etc on top of that and still be able to afford flowers, cake, and DJ.  I have my dress thankfully but that is about it.  

This was supposed to be fun, but it's not.  I am throwing my hands up in the air at this point and I say I Give Up!!!  HELP!!

Re: Affordable Venue in Newport News / HR...Yeah right I give up - HELP!!!

• Options
    The Yorktown Freight Shed is A-MAZING and perfectly priced.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Good luck and congratulations!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_affordable-venue-in-newport-news-hryeah-right-i-give-up-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:8e202147-490f-4dee-956a-f70a4c25a13dPost:10096c2c-289c-4944-b242-c1a2fcfddfc8">Re: Affordable Venue in Newport News / HR...Yeah right I give up - HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Yorktown Freight Shed is A-MAZING and perfectly priced.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Good luck and congratulations!
    Posted by MellieLynn75[/QUOTE]

I agree it is AMAZING, however the pricing is only for three hours total.  Which means you pay extra to hold the wedding for 4 hours along with paying extra for set up and break down.  I checked into it because according to their website they don't start booking until you have hit the year prior mark.  Well their site is wrong.  They are completely booked every Saturday and Sunday basically from now until November (at least that was what it was when I talked with them a few months ago).

I personally was willing to pay the extra money to hold our wedding there, but it's just not going to work.  So I've decided we will at least do our e pics there.  So I am still looking and need to decide on something or we aren't going to have a venue at all :(
  • Options
    Boxwood Inn, Kiln Creek Country Club, Mariners Museum, Virginia Living Museum are some venues that pop into my mind.

• Options
    The Legacy Hall in NewTown Williamsburg. The GreenLeafe loft also in newtown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards