Virginia
Options

arbor/garden arch Cville

Hey all-
I'm trying to come up with a way to anchor our outdoor ceremony.  Of course, there are arbors or archs but I don't know if I want to do the set up or break down of this thing. Also, I don't need it after this one time!
I've considered wine barrels, potted trees, mantle with decorations but nothing seems to stick!
Have you guys seen anything in the past that was cool? Or is anyone else going down this same path and interested in a little share action? I've looked at purchasing barrels for $50 each to anchor the beginning of the aisles and the end. I'm open to buying them if someone else can get use out of them, because after the wedding they'll be pretty useless. (Unless I plan on aging some beer?)
Or, with the beautiful setting at KFV, is it even necessary? I'm not sure!

Re: arbor/garden arch Cville

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    You're at KFV, right?

We used two large flower arrangements on pedestals to anchor the space.  Then we put the arrangements on the buffet tables after the ceremony.  We also lined the aisle with petals.  Let me see if I can scrape up some pictures:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    This is my favorite shot from all day!  You can see the petals on the aisle and the pedestals with the arrangements at the end.  

Another shot of the chairs and aisle.

Table-scape (the boxes are Cappellino's Cupcakes!)

Some AW-ish ones because I love them:-)

My bouquet:

Centerpieces:

Back of my dress:-)

DSC_9275
  • Options
    sassybananasassybanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Wow, that's beautiful!
    I was thinking that flowers/trees something would help to anchor the space.
    I just got he packet of info from KFV to fill out prior to the wedding-they apparently have two wine barrels to borrow. You can only use them outside, I was thinking of using one of those as a makeshift table for the justice of the peace.
    It's really coming up fast for me-so I better get these things done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards