Virginia

Budget Wedding in North Virginia

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I really want to get married in Northern Virginia, ideally on a farm or rural estate. We're looking for a venue that runs under $3,000 for ceremony + reception and that will allow us to bring our own catering.

Does anyone have tips for doing a wedding on a budget in this area?

Re: Budget Wedding in North Virginia

• edited December 2011
    Google vineyards in Loudoun County.  There are a lot and most of them are pretty and will let you do your own catering.  Chrysalis and Hillsborough Vineyards are two that are popular.  I'm not sure what the cost of Hillsborough is but Chrysalis has its price on the website. 

Check out also places in Purcellville, Hillsborough, Waterford, Middleburg...pretty much everything in Western Loudoun County is farm country. 

• anythinggoldanythinggold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Purcellville has a pretty venue-- Breaux Vineyards. Hillsborough is beautfiul, but as a venue it runs about $7K, and they have their own caterer. I was pretty disappointed, too..

There are a few working farms in the area that are also restaurants, but obviously that wouldn't work if you want to bring your own catering. Still may be something to look at! 
    *** LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Try Bluemont Vineyards in Bluemont, VA. :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you need a photographer recommendation, try Soheil Photography. He might also be able to recommend some NoVa venues. http://www.soheilphotography.com/
  • anythinggoldanythinggold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just double-checked HIllsborough and I was wrong, it runs from about $4,500-$6,000. I don't want anyone to get scared off by my initial number, because it is absolutely beautiful. I accidentally took my BF there today because I needed a few bottles of wine from there for gifts, and I'm afraid I've ruined him for all other venues...
    *** LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Try Silverbrook Farm which is also in Purcellville, VA. It's absolutly gorgeous & the view is to die for; however, she can only do 10 weddings a year. The owner is very nice, she works with you. It's worth trying. Also, for 100 people & up it's $2,500 & the bride & groom gets a complimentary stay in any room of their choice.

Her's the website: http://silverbrookfarmbandb.com/about.htm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards