Virginia
Options

Roanoke area florist?

Hey girls!

I'm getting married in August in Roanoke and need recommendations for a florist!  I am considering Flowers by Jane...anybody used her, or know someone who has?  She seems affordable, but I'd like to know if she's reliable!

I'm also open to working with other florists.  It'd be much appreciated if you have any recommendations in the Roanoke area!  Thanks so much!!

Re: Roanoke area florist?

• Options
    claireandwillclaireandwill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I am getting married in Roanoke also, in June. I am working with Jim at Crystal Orchid. I haven't had my wedding yet to fully recommend him myself (since I haven't seen the final product) but he came highly recommended by my wedding planner and venue coordinator. He has been great to work with and also fits right into my budget. I'm not sure how other florists in the area are, but his price includes set up and tear down, plus all containers and ribbon or whatever you want on your centerpieces. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Creative Floral Occasions for a consultation. He is definitely the best at what he does but seems to be very expensive. I have heard wonderful things about teh Crystal Orchid. A woman who works at Baker's Bazaar showed me pictures from her wedding that they did. She could not speak more highly of him and his work. I've also heard lots of girls say that they are using the florist from the Bonsack Kroger. The woman comes to lots of bridal shows and has some great bouquets. Good luck!! Oh, I don't know of anyone who has used Flowers by Jane for their wedding but I live in Salem and know lots of people who frequently shop there and love her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the actual quote from creative occasions  and it  included great ideas but was way too high. I was able to get a consultation at the crystal orchid today. He was able to do everything we wanted for a third of the quote of creative floral occasions.  He is giving us way more than we could have ever hoped for. I am so happy and de-stressed. We booked him today!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Thanks for the updates, ladies!  The prices some of these florists charge are outrageous!!!  So it's nice to know there are people out there who are affordable :-)  I'll look into Crystal Orchid, and I'm also meeting with Petal Flower Company (out of Lynchburg) sometime this week.  I don't feel 100% comfortable with Flowers by Jane, so I've pretty much decided against going with her.  Thanks again for the help!
  • Options
    Yes!

Flower's By Jane was in Salem but Jane retired. She is a wonderful designer but retired her shop January a year ago. She is Jim's mother and helps him at The Crystal Orchid And, Jim's wife Mary, compliments his shop with her fun loving personality.and  kindness. They all make you feel welcome.

Jim and Mary are driving 6 hours to do my wedding in Ohio. Jim came highly recommended from my cousin who used him to do her wedding in Roanoke.

He is having the flowers flown in by Fed EX from the flower growers on Thursday, delivering arrangements for the rehearsal dinner Friday night and delivering the church flowers to the church and reception hall on Saturday.

There is no doubt that everything will go as planned

Thank you Jim for going out of your way to make my day special.Kiss

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards