Virginia
Options

Cost of flowers?

I am getting married in Roanoke in July and starting to look at florists.(I'm sure i should have already done this!) I have no idea how much i should expect to pay, or what a good price range would even be. I'm actually not looking for a whole lot. bouquets/boutannieres, and only about 3 table arrangements.    We aren't using flowers for our centerpeices. 

Re: Cost of flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there..
    I am getting married in June and just had my first meeting with the florist this past Monday.

I am in Virginia Beach, but I assume florists are about the same anywhere..
    I do think however it depends on the type of flowers that you want.  My bouquet was $150 and my bridesmaids were $100.  The guys flowers are $10 a piece.. and my centerpieces are $25 a piece but I think he gave me a deal on those.

Hope this helps and good luck!!
  • Options
    Kimness17Kimness17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which florist in Virginia Beach are you using? Thanks.
  • Options
    Kimness17Kimness17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which florist in Virginia are you using? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Black Iris Floral Events.. They are super easy to work with! Todd is great!
  • Options
    nluvbride09nluvbride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine in Richmond from a lady who works out of her house. I paid a little over 525 for my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, several corsages and 10 or so bouts (the individual prices are on my blog).  I waited until the last minute too as I originally thought it would be "fun" to do them myself.  I don't know of any florists in Roanoke to help you with....sorry.  If you want to go online and have them made and sent to you I think Costco and maybe fifty flowers offer that as an option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi. I'm getting married in Roanoke in April. It does greatly depend on what type of flowers you use in your bouquets. I went to Creative Occasions in Viton and he quoted me 500 for my bouquet and three bridesmaids along with like 13 boutonierres.  The florist I am going with is Jim Taetz at the Chrystal Orchid (sp) on Jefferson Downtown. He is doing everything inculding centerpieces and everything else for 500. So I guess my bouquet and the bridesmaids are like a little over two hundred. He is really awesome. I would give him a call. He doesn't prica gouge like most other florists in the area do. He comes highly recommended as well. He was just in the newspaper last Sunday I believe. He seems to good to be true but he is totally for real. I don't know if you've been to Baker's Bazaar in Vinton? They do invitations and give 20% off on invites. Anyway, her daughter used him and showed me her pics and talked continuously about how awesome he was!!! Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If Crystal Orchid is already booked for your wedding date, maybe try Petal Flower Company out of Lynchburg.  They charge a $50 delivery fee since they're bringing everything from Lynchburg to Roanoke, but they are reasonably priced.  I think they're a fairly new company...I met with Elisha and she is young, but they are very professional, really seemed to understand the look I was going for and what I wanted.  Very detail oriented, down to asking me how I wanted the stems of the bouquets wrapped and what I wanted them secured with.  (Nobody else I met with asked me that!)  They're on Facebook and they have a website: www.petalflowercompany.com so you can see pics of their work.  Good luck!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mark Frye, Owner of Creative Occasions in Vinton does fabulous work.  I use to work there.  Weddings are his passion.  He'll work within your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What florist are you using in Virginia Beach..I am on the lookout for one as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards